Glitterific Shows

Article by: paping06/ glitterangelz

So hey peeps! Since you've all read the other parts of this magazine. Now it's time for you to read TV shows that are recommended to you by the one and only, me. 

Glitterific Shows:

1.   Teen Wolf

Summary: Protagonist, Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), is an average teenager suffering from asthma and living with his single mother in Beacon Hills. One night, he and his best friend Stiles Stilinski (Dylan O'Brien), the son of the local sheriff, Sheriff Stilinski (Linden Ashby), learn about half a corpse found by police in the woods. The two set out to find the other half, but Scott is attacked and bitten by a werewolf. With his new-found lycanthropy, Scott gains supernatural abilities, such as enhanced speed and heightened senses, enabling him to excel as the captain of his Beacon Hills High School lacrosse team. He gains respect from popular girl, Lydia Martin (Holland Roden) and the envy of her lacrosse-playing boyfriend Jackson Whittemore (Colton Haynes). Scott also develops a romantic relationship with school newcomer, Allison Argent (Crystal Reed); however, he discovers her father Chris Argent (JR Bourne) is a werewolf hunter. Scott and Stiles meet Beta werewolf Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin), whose family perished in flames during a mysterious house fire 6 years ago. They uncover the second half of the missing corpse and discover it is Derek's sister, Laura Hale. He learns the Alpha werewolf, the most powerful of all wolves, is on a murdering spree and was responsible for biting him. Realizing the consequences and dangers of his new life, he is forced to protect his peers and loved ones, including his girlfriend Allison, who does not know she belongs to a family of werewolf hunters.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Wolf_(season_1)

Genre: Romance/ Fiction/ Fantasy/ Werewolf/ Comedy

Writer’s Review: For all those werewolf lovers out there. You will regret not watching Teen Wolf. Even if the Summary sounds and looks cliché for all those anti-cliché’s out there, I swear you’ll love it. Scott McCall (Tyler Posey) who starred as Jennifer Lopez’s son in the famous movie, Maid in Manhattan; has this caring and protective nature for the people he loves and that is why his character is very lovable and sweet. You’ll also love his best friend, Stiles Stilinski (Dylan O’Brien). I’m sure most of you have heard of him since he was part of some famous movies from this century like “The First Time” and “The Internship”. His role has a very entertaining and fun line in the show. You’ll instantly love him for his sarcastic remarks and his instinctive actions for the person he had a crush on since the 3rd Grade, Lydia Martin (Holland Roden). Allison Argent (Crystal Reed) might seems shy at first but as you continue on in the show. Her personality gets stronger and less weak after overcoming so many heartbreaks and obstacles she faced. Even if she had some wrong choices in the show, she finds her way back to the right path. Lydia Martin (Holland Roden) is the popular girl in the show. She might not be bitchy but she is sarcastic. She becomes very close friends to Allison Argent even if she was the new girl in the first few episodes. She’s also dating the Jackson Whittemore (Colton Haynes), the jock while having Stiles chase after her like a puppy. Problem is, she doesn’t like Stiles so the two are just having funny argument throughout the whole show but there is a shocking revelation. You’ll have to watch the show to find out. Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin) is a very serious guy in the show. He keeps going back from villain and hero throughout it but you’ll love him for his hotness. Just joking but seriously, have you seen him shirtless? You’ve got to admit. He is impossibly and dangerously hot. Even if he is serious in the show because of the tragic event that happened to him, in real life, he’s pretty cool and funny. Anyways, in short, this show is pretty awesome. It has something in it that really wants you to keep going until you end.

Status: Not complete (going to it’s 4th season)

Public Rating: ★★★☆ (8.8/10)

2.   American Horror Story

Summary: The first season, subsequently subtitled Murder House, takes place in Los Angeles in 2011 and follows the story of a family that moves into a home haunted by its former deceased occupants. The second season, subtitled Asylum, takes place in Massachusetts in 1964 and follows the stories of the inhabitants of an institution for the criminally insane. The third season, subtitled Coven, takes place in New Orleans in the 1800s and 2013 and follows the battle between witches and voodoo practitioners The fourth season, subtitled Freak Show, will take place in Jupiter, Florida in 1950 and will follow one of the few remaining American freak shows.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story

Genre: Horror/ Romance/ Mystery/ Thriller/ Suspense

Writer’s Review: So if you are thick skinned and love watching horror shows or movies like “Insidious” then this show is truly and fated for you. Even if every season has a different story line, it still contains the same character throughout the show so you don’t have to worry about missing them in the next season. Of course there are some new characters but they do a great job. It just amazes me that even if the actors and actresses have to adjust to a different story line and character who is sometimes the complete opposite of the previous character from the previous season. They do a great job at acting. In my opinion, my favourite is season 2. It literally gives me the most creeps among all the season it has. So if you do love watching horror or the genre on top then you have to watch this show right away because I recommend this for you horror lovers.

Status: Not complete (going to its 4th season)

Public Rating: ★★★★☆(8.6/10)

3.   Baby Daddy

Summary: Baby Daddy is an ABC Family original comedy television series that premiered on June 20, 2012.[1] The series follows Ben, a guy in his twenties, who gets the surprise of his life when a one night stand leaves her baby at his doorstep. Ben decides to raise his little girl with the help of his brother, Danny, his two close friends, Riley and Tucker, and his mother, Bonnie

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Daddy

Genre: Comedy/ Romance

Writer’s Review: I love this show! Every episode makes me laugh while some make me cry but then makes me laugh again. I just love how this show gives me a bright day after a bad one. So for those who are experiencing a bad day, you definitely have to watch this. This show also gives moral lessons especially to those parents who just became parents too sudden. This show shows that a family is what’s important especially when you feel like the world is crashing down on you.

Status: Not complete (going to its 4th season)

Public Rating: ★★★★☆(8.6/10)

 Article done by: paping06/ glitterangelz

Hi guys, now that you have completely read this article. I really hoped that you enjoyed it. So if you want to recpmmend some TV shows to me so that I can add it to the next issue, please message me, paping06. Any TV shows are fine, even those Korean Dramas that seem to be the rage right now. I'm not sure if it is just my school though who love Kdramas. Anyway, please message me if you want to recommend any TV shows.

Have an awesome and wonderful day!