Ch-01

Drop of Dew is a story which opens up in a middle class Muslim society of India.

Salma Baig.

A girl with simple looks and pure Ibadat. Her voice has died down from the day she was brought here. Five times Namaz and Quran E Paak reading is what her daily routine comprises of. Her smile brings the smile on the person in front.

Saddam's POV:

Her name brought an unknown peace in my mind. I don't know whether it is the effect of her calm nature or the meaning of her name, I felt an eternal peace when I first heard of her name.

Khalid Chacha had brought a case to me. As he settled down on the chair after handing me the file I opened it to study.

Salma Baig Ibn Ashfaq Baig.

Salma means peace in Arabic. Though I haven't met her yet I could already feel the calmness within me reading her name.

"Bahut hi nek bandi hai Allah Tala ki" Khalid uncle broke the silence. My lips curved up to form a smirk.

"Ithni Nek Bandi apki jail me kya karri hai Mamu Jaan?" my eyes were still scanning the file. After the first page which described her physical characteristic I was about to turn the next page when Khalid uncle's words made me look up.

 After the first page which described her physical characteristic I was about to turn the next page when Khalid uncle's words made me look up

"Wo tho tumhe jaan na hai Saddam. Magar ek baath hai tum usse ek hi baar me samajh javoge" he smiled widely.

"Aisa kya hai aapki iss kaidi me jo apko yeha tak le aayi mamu jaan. Aapko aise kabhi kisi kaidi ki tareef karte nahi suna maine. Ek aisi bandi jisse adalat ne mujrim karar kiya hai aap uske liye ithni dur se mere pass aaye. Kuch tho khaas hai unme. Chaliye mai aapke saath hi chalta hu unse milne" I placed the file aside and decided to meet the girl who my uncle to travel almost across the city.

"Khas tho hai wo. Imaan ki pakki" Khalid uncle gave me a wide smile and picked up the file. We headed out of my office and drove to the jail.

 We headed out of my office and drove to the jail

Agrahara wasn't any small jail. It was infamous for imprisoning great criminals and politicians. I have been here for more than a hundred times. Same walls and doors made no difference to my senses. As we settled in Khalid Uncle's cabin he ordered the coffee.