Epilogue

Three months later

___

(Y/N) walked through the streets, early in the morning. She was on her way to get her papes for the day, and she was quietly whistling to herself.

"Ay, tempa'!" A sudden voice called out, making her stop. She turned her head to see none other then the annoyance himself - Racetrack Higgins.

Over the months, the way they were to each other changed. Quite obviously they were more romantic towards each other, but they still took it slowly. They actually didn't start dating until a few weeks ago, when Race took her on a date to the park. 

At first, Jack wasn't quite sure with how he felt about them being together. After all, (Y/N) was his baby sister and Race was one of his closest friends - and now they were dating!

Eventually, though, Jack warmed up to them being a couple. After all, he and Kathrine knew firsthand what it was like to have your family oppose your relationship. And take it from him - it was not fun whatsoever.

Still, though, Jack was devoted to keeping their relationship PG - you all know what this means. No kisses longer then three seconds, no getting handsey, no slapping her ass or vice versa. That sort of thing.

Despite this, though, around a week before he walked in on the two of them making out, with Race shirtless, his hands below her waist (He was getting dressed and (Y/N) came and smacked his butt, the rest is history) and Jack ended up making (Y/N) sell on an entirely different side of Manhattan that day.

He swung an arm around her and kissed her cheek. She rolled her eyes at him and squirmed in his grasp, so his shifted his hold hold to her waist - but no lower. You never knew when Jack was around.

"I thought I told you not to call me that.." She grumbled, giving up her struggle and nuzzling into Race as they walked. Race chuckled slightly and ruffled her messy hair. (Y/N) swatted his hand away and pecked his cheek quickly.

"Aw, you know youse loves it." He cooed, poking her nose to see how her face scrunched up. She copied the action to him, and his face did the same.

"Got room for one more?" A masculine voice joined from behind them. Recognizing who it was, the two immediately jumped apart to reveal the 'fearless' leader of the Manhattan newsies - Jack Kelly.

(Y/N) sighed and scolded her brother.

"I can be affectionate with my boy." She stated, wrapping her arms around his waist. Race smiled goofily and wrapped his own arms around her.

Because the two were complete and genuinely happy.