Part 7

Niall has of course brought his guitar, so you spend the rest of the evening singing songs together around the warm campfire. You sing both 1D songs and other songs, and luckily you feel like you're singing better than you use to. Zayn holds your hand all the time.

After you've sung Forever Young Liam gets a message on his phone. "The car's here" he says with a sigh, "we have to go". You check your watch and realize that the time have gone even faster than you thought, and it was actually getting pretty late. Your mom was probably already waiting for you in her car now.

So, you all put out the fire, pack your bags and the guitar, but you're still joking and laughing when you leave the place and head for the pathway though the bushes. You and Zayn walk lastly, still holding hands, but before you reach the bushes, he turns around and stops you. You look up at Zayn, wondering what he was about to say, but he waits until the voices and laugher from the others have disappeared behind him. When it's all quiet around you, Zayn looks at you. "(Y/N)" he says and shifts his gaze. He opens his mouth to say something, but no sound comes out and he looks at the ground again. "I want you to have my number" he says quickly, taking a pen up from his right pocket. He holds your hand with his left and starts writing on it. The numbers are small and clear, but upside down of course. When he's done he covers the numbers with his hand. "Don't let anyone see it" he says. You look up at him to say something but before you even get to open your mouth, he kisses your lips.

It's a perfect kiss and you get a ton of butterflies in your stomach, but the moment doesn't last long. He slowly takes two steps backwards with a longing gaze, turns around and disappears in the bushes.

You're left standing alone on the edge of the empty beach, wondering if everything really happened. But it did, because on your hand is his phone number is written perfectly beside a little heart, and you know you're gonna see him again.