Chapter 1- Inseperable

*Just so some aren't confused the concept of the book is there is something going on now (the fight) and then the tale is what happened that led up to this. Sorry if there was some confusion!!!*

Inseparable

It's a cold, snowy day, common for the season of Hiems. The area below is still and calm, yet has a cheery air.

"Daemonium, please settle down," a middle-aged man pleads tiredly. 

"But, were so close I can taste it," a little boy says excitedly. 

His hazel eyes glisten with joy, curiosity, and naivety and all the man can do is laugh at the child's enthusiasm. The adolescent mashes his face to the window of the Morning Star, a silver, spherical, flying vehicle used for long-distance travel. Light reflects off of the snow clad streets as they fly by.

            "Look Dad, look!" the little one shouts as he points out the window. "It's Genesi City!"

The city is full of tall metallic buildings, blanketed by snow. They fly over a dome-shaped metal stadium, the boy with his mouth open in awe.

After flying another good 10 miles, the vehicle settles down on a landing pad next to a giant golden palace, the pressurized air blowing snow all over the place as they land. As soon as the chauffeur opens the door, the little boy bursts out the thing in his thick, black coat and red wool hat and gloves. His fair cheeks are a bright red as they come into contact with the air. Running circles next to the vehicle, Daemonium starts screaming his head off, "The house is so big, Daddy! It's just like ours!" As the boy runs around in the sea of white, the middle-aged man comes out slowly, letting his body get accustomed to moving again. Too tired to physically stop Daemonium, he calls out to the boy.

"Daemonium!" he yells.

"Ye-" he responds, tripping on his shoe lace, falling flat on his face, getting a face full of the white stuff.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,” he repeats over and over holding his flush face.

"You can be so silly sometimes...," the older gentleman says with a sigh, strolling over to the boy.

"Sorry Daddy," the little one grumbles as he sits there, his jet black hair and his clothes covered with snow.

Once Daemonium is lifted up and brushed off, he and his father start off to the palace, hand in hand. Giant armor-clad guards open the bright, golden doors for them and the little guy gawks at the inside. 

There were works of art so close to perfection they looked like photographs. Vases that were so crisply made, you couldn't find a single flaw in them, lined the walls. There as even a fountain gushing out clear, sparkling water as the light shone on it, and the walls were lined in pure gold. The whole place gave of welcoming warmth, completing this near perfect hallway.

"AMAZING!" yells Daemonium, his words echoing down the vast and spacious place. Daemonium is practically being dragged as he's sucking up all he sees.

 They end up at a giant door guarded by two more powerful looking guards. Above the door is a giant painting of a powerful, professional looking man in a blue suit.

 The guards take one look at the father, open the doors, and there sits a man at a cluttered, wooden desk with the stature of a body builder. The room reeks with the smell of alcohol, especially around the sleeping giant, holding a pen in his sleep. Books are strewn all around the room and pages of paperwork are everywhere. The boy plugs his nose, trying to block out the scent.

"Ewww, it stinks!"

Daemonium’s father sighs once more and clears his throat.

            "Lux Aeternam!" he shouts.