5. Like Good Old Times

Chapter 5:
Like Good Old Times

Vihaan's P. O. V

"Great game!" Ansh said giving me a brotherly hug and then we performed our little signature handshake. We have been practicing for past couple of weeks and our hard work has finally paid off. My eyes went into audience. Unknowingly, I was searching for her and to my luck she was there. Standing in the front row with Ritika.

"What are you smiling at?" Ansh asked me making me realize that I was smiling like a fool at the thought of her. I shook my head and replied, "Nothing!"

He then looked into the direction where I was gazing earlier, "Oh look! It's Ritika and Ayesha."

The girls approached us. I hugged Ritika. I have missed her so much while she was away in Sydney. She is my only girl best friend. We have known each other since kindergarten. We three have been with each other through thick and thin. Ansh and I are simply incomplete without Ritika.

"Vihaan, you were great as usual and Ansh, since when did you played so well?" she teased Ansh. These two are simply so cute together. Ansh was so obvious about his feelings for Ritika. He has liked her since we were in sixth grade.

"And you bastard! You didn't even meet me when I came from Sydney." she said rolling her eyes at me. I chuckled and hugged her, "Oh! I missed you too."

"Whatever!" she replied and then started talking to Ansh as they were making plans for later in the evening. I never indulged in their plan making session because whenever we planned something huge, it never happens. We always end up having beer and chilling at Ritika's house. I saw Ayesha standing behind them looking at us.

"So how was I?" I asked approaching her.

"You were good." She replied casually.

"Only good? Come on! I saw you were looking at me. Moreover drooling over me." I teased her.

She looked at me and scoffed, "You wish!"

We then decided to meet in the canteen for discussing the presentation. She was acting kind of strange or maybe I am reading too much into it. I went to the locker room and took a nice shower. I got changed into fresh pair of clothes. The classes for the day were over and now after discussing about project I plan on going home and sleep. Today was quite an exhausting day and I can't wait to lie down on my bed.

____

When I reached the canteen, I saw a girl talking to Ayesha. I had never seen that girl around here before. Something about her was strange. It seemed like she has a façade masked all over her. I went a little closer and heard her saying, "I am here for you. You left me and now I am back, best friend. We will have so much fun together. Just like old times."

I do not like her tone and I could see she was making Ayesha uncomfortable which made me sure that she is no friend. Whoever she is, she needs to watch her tone. They knew each other but I doubt if she was really her friend. Seeing Ayesha helpless I decided to interrupt them, "Am I disturbing something?"

The girl looked at me with a smirk and tried small talk with me. She claimed her name Shreya but I was least interested in her. When she left from there I saw Ayesha's expressions were blank. As if she wanted to speak a lot but couldn't say anything. Many questions raised in my mind about this girl. She attires herself in a nerdy way and sometimes acts cocky and sometimes plays dumb. Her eyes look like they have a huge secret hidden.

She is definitely not what she looks like. And I need to find it out.

"So shall we begin with the work?" I prompted.