3- Start of trip

I woke up to snuggle with Austin and sighed when I realized he was out of bed already. Even though I took a shower the night before I decided to take another one thinking that Austin would come and join me. While I was in the shower I heard the door open thinking he was on his way in.

"Morning." I said happily, when I didn't hear him say anything I peeked my head out of the shower curtain. Of course he left, what the hell is wrong with him? I muttered.

I quickly cleaned up and got out, dried myself off and noticed that he set a cup of coffee on the sink for me. Well at least he was thinking of me.

I grabbed the coffee and headed into the bedroom, excited that we were about to leave for a trip of a lifetime. I put on one of my new summer dresses that I had set out the night before, it was the perfect sundress that formed to my body. A backless white dress with a colorful floral pattern towards the bottom, I stood in front of the mirror and checked to make sure it looked OK on me.

"Vanessa hurry up the cab is here waiting!" Austin yelled. My god that woman takes forever to get ready.

"I'm almost done, just finishing up on my hair and makeup!" I yell.

The cab driver honked his horn again, Austin went out with our luggage and loaded them in the trunk. "Sorry about the wait" Austin said to the cab driver, "She will be out any second."

She better be dammit, the plane leaves in an hour and a half and we still need to check in and go through security Austin said quietly to himself as he sat inside the car.

I grabbed my white sandals and quickly put them on as I rushed out of the house and into the cab "Sorry, I didn't mean to keep you waiting." I said to the cab driver while I looking at Austin, he didn't look to happy so I smiled and gave him a kiss "I'm sorry, I'm just excited to get on that cruise. I'm still surprised that you are actually taking me on a cruise!"

He smiled and patted my thigh "Just enjoy the trip, there will be plenty of things to do and see." He then reached over cupping the side of my face and gave me a kiss.

We arrived at the airport, grabbed our luggage and checked in. We then had to stand in a long line just to go through security, Austin keep looking at the time thinking we were late and looked like he was fuming at the ears.

We finally got to the gate, sat down and waited to be boarded. Just as they were starting to board the plane Austin's phone rang, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked to see who was calling "I'll be right back"

"Hello Kenna." I heard him say quietly as he started walking away.

Kenna? What the hell is she calling him for? I tried listening in but couldn't quite hear what he was talking to her about. Kenna works with Austin at the bank, who I have never cared for, she always seemed to be hitting on Austin, and whenever I try to call him at work, she always answers claiming that he's busy or in a meeting.

"Everything Ok?" I ask him when he came back.

He ran his fingers through his hair "Yes everything is just peachy." He said in a snarky tone.

I could tell something was wrong, but since he never tells me shit I didn't even bother asking him what the problem was. We then boarded the plane and sat down on our seats. I pulled my phone out of my purse and shut it off, I then looked over at Austin and my stomach dropped when I noticed him reading a text message from Kenna.

He must have seen me looking since he quickly messaged her back and turned his phone off. He didn't say a word, just leaned his head back in the seat and closed his eyes.