Ch. 10

“I can't believe I'm doing this,” Emily shook her head for the millionth time, following Tyler out of the packed kitchen full of drunk guys and half clothed girls, both of which had no problem with rubbing up on each other to the deafening music and drinking from big red cups full of Lord-knows-what.

“Emily, it hasn’t even been ten minutes!” Tyler shouted over the thumping music, chuckling amusedly as he took her wrist in his hold so as not to lose her as they weaved through the stumbling and obnoxiously drunk people, a bottle of beer and a pink Vodka Cruiser in his other hand – presumably for Emily.

“What is that? It smells terrible!” she called, flinching when someone fell on her momentarily until she got yanked away thanks to Tyler who instinctively wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

He laughed and practically slammed into the flyscreen of the backdoor before letting her go and leading her down off the porch and toward a group of people he knew well, “oh babe, that’s the smell of sex, drugs and alcohol – oh, and did I mention sex?” he smirked, slowing down enough for her to catch up, her cheeks slightly pink considering the stares she continued to receive from the boys and girls alike all around them since the second she walked into the house beside Tyler.

“Quit calling me that will you?” she uttered, not knowing what else to say as she stared down at her feet rather than where they were headed.

“What, babe?”

“Yes – babe,” she snapped, looking up to shoot him a glare before noticing that they suddenly joined a group of about five guys.

She stiffened.

They stared.

“Boys, this is Emily,” Tyler said nodding at the guy next to her who she already knew of well enough as Tyler’s best friend, Joseph Reynolds, the previous topic obviously not forgotten considering the little smirk on Tyler’s face.

“I-uhm-hi,” she stuttered, cheeks heating even more which caused the guys to chuckle a little at her cuteness.

She bit her lip nervously.

“I’m Sam,” the one across from her introduced raising and tipping his beer bottle slightly toward her before bringing it to his lips.

“Dean,” the one beside Sam smiled politely, “nice to meet you.”

“You too,” she mumbled, awkwardly shifting a little to her right reflexively until her arm brushed Tyler’s.

“Jensen,” another introduced throwing her a wink and making her cheeks heat a little more. “And that’s my brother Jared,” he said jerking his head at the boy beside him who looked like a replica of him only with long hair that brushed his shoulders instead of short. 

She smiled and unconsciously rubbed her right elbow with her left hand as her gaze flittered around the little circle, not missing the question in Joe’s eyes (Tyler’s best friend), and the way he and Tyler were having some kind of weird mind-conversation the longer they stared at each other.

“Right, here,” Tyler said snapping out of it and glancing down at Emily before handing her the glass bottle full of pink nice-smelling liquid.

She raised an eyebrow but made no move to take it, “really? Out of everything in there you get me the most girlish looking alcohol?” she asked unamused causing the guys to laugh and for Tyler to sigh as if she was some big effort.

“For all I know, you don't drink; I took whatever was there,” he shrugged all but shoving the bottle in her hand before taking a sip of his beer with raised eyebrows considering she had yet to look away from him.