¤ Bastard of the Moon ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

"Tea?"

I shook my head dismissively, crossing my left leg over the other with my spine straight and my fingers entwined above my lap, as the Luna took her place by the window with a cup of tea between her hands.

Luna Celeste's crimson hair was styled the same, tied neatly into a low ponytail and swept to the side of her shoulder, exhibiting the mark given by her infamous mate. Her slender fingers, with nails painted red, were tapping against the porcelain cup while her vibrant green eyes looked through the window with a calm smile plastered on her bewitching features.

With eyes distant, she let her fingers graze the proud punctures of Alpha Azeil's teeth, and a pleasured shudder left her lips in response.

I didn't know whether her mannerism brought me envy or distaste. The way she paraded her mark, like it was the most prized gem in the world, ticked me off.

Beta Reed had informed Alpha Azeil of Killian's confession as soon as we left the penitentiary.

I could tell, all of the words that left Killian's mouth had drilled itself deep into the marrow of Reed, forcing his shoulder to hunch forward and his hackles to raise; the fear of something unknown that proudly asserted its aggression was pressing firmly down on his wild.

And I was slightly thankful that my wolf was withdrawn, or the threat I felt would have increased tenfold.

With the Alpha fully aware of Killian's truth, he had summoned me to his home for the afternoon to discuss the matter that he had skillfully denied.

"Where is Alpha Azeil?" I questioned the Luna.

"He'll be here soon, he just needs to talk to Beta Reed about the nearing exchange with Alpha Eli's pack."

The mention of the Alpha's name brought a faint look of dislike on Luna Celeste's face, "That pack places their reliance on the old ways; so much tradition and practice that it's almost hard to keep up with them. It's putting a lot of pressure on my male."

On and on, she ran her fingers across her mark and talked about Alpha Eli's pack, mentioning how invested they were to the Moon and how ill-fated he was to be blessed with an overbearing mate despite the faith he had for the goddess.

The Luna made it sound like he was cursed.

While she openly rambled about Alpha Eli's pack, I had learned that she took pleasure in degrading a pack that was not hers.

It was a waste, really.

Celeste was a beauty with a mouth of decay.

I was slightly thankful when the door behind me had opened, hearing the heavy footsteps of Alpha Azeil approaching his desk before taking his seat right in front of me, his dark grey eyes greeting me as they held an array of storm and menace.