Chapter 5

After making it home alive and gushing to my parents about what happened, I showered and slept.

        They weren't really surprised, but now they'll be on the alert. The wolves are so pretty. Of course they could kill me, but I think it adds to their breath taking appearance. The excitement of today, mixed with the excitement tomorrow will surely bring, is enough to tranquilize an elephant. I'm down in sixty seconds flat.

~~

        "Rise and shine Sweetie," Mom said opening my curtains the next morning.

        I cracked one eye open to see that the sun isn't out. "It doesn't rise until noon. Believe it or not its 11:30," she said.

        I popped up, "I have to get ready!"

        She just laughed and retreated downstairs. I made a mad dash to get ready. Today is going to be epic. I feel it.

~~

        "Yeah, so I bolted. All they did was bark and howl. Not one of them chased me," I finished.

        "Wow," Cam whistled. "You are fearless. I've only encountered them twice, but almost shit myself five times. The other three were when I remembered it too hard."

        I let out a huge and embarrassing laugh. He didn't call me out on it though, he just laughed too. I love his go with the flow attitude. We walked a few more blocks and he showed me a few more clubs he's heard about. How many clubs does this place need?

        "So, are you a party girl? Or are you the reserved and conserved type?" He asks sounding curious.

        "Um, I'd like to say I'm a mix of both, but I would probably bore you to death at a party. I'm not very entertaining as far as that scene goes," I answer honestly.

        "I beg to differ," he says in mock astonishment, "You threw me a great going away party. You also kept everyone excited during spirit week last year. There's no way you're boring at a party or club if you can liven up school events. Besides, the clubs here are good enough to make a complete book worm loosen up. The people here party like animals."

        I'm so busy smiling at him like a fool that I don't realize someone is us until Cam stops. I almost bumped into Mr. Gorgeous from yesterday.

        "Hey," he said, "why did you run off yesterday?"

        I gave him a confused look not knowing what to say I reply, "I'm sorry I didn't realize I was in a rush, but my Mom was waiting for me and I had to get back home to finish unpacking."

        "Hey Rhys," Cam pipes up.

        "Oh hey, sorry, I didn't see you there. What's your name?" he asked me.

        "I'm Kristy," I say shaking his hand. I had to wipe it on my sweatpants because it had gotten sweaty after like two seconds of contact with his. Rhys was it? That's a beautiful name. I wish I had a name like that.

        "Well, Kristy, Cam, do you guys want to come to a party later at the pack house?" He asked us.

        Cam looked at me questioningly. I smiled and shook my head yes. "Sure," Cam answered for both of us.

        "Cool, see you at eight?"

        "Okay," Cam said.

        Rhys continued on his way. He walked at a pretty brisk pace, but slow enough for me to admire him. "Ready to continue?" Cam asked.