Chapter 31: Have Your Way

A week passed. Besides having Hayden watching me every time, practices were going great. The routine Bradley and I put together was going strong. We had so many tricks to pull. I started hanging out with Bradley more outside of practice whenever I wasn't working.

Finally, it was time for the auditions for the acro gig. The guy who was hiring us, Shawn, came into our practice with two people flanking him. They sat on the couch while we set out the mats some distance away from them. Luca and Lana went first. After they went, the music started over with Kendra and Jason, Hayden and Quinn, and finally Bradley and me. We did our routine flawlessly. I smiled as I was tossed in the air. I did a full and Bradley caught me. That was the best we'd ever done the routine. We finished before we bowed and stepped off of the floor next to everyone else. Shawn and his two colleges conversed quietly a moment before Shawn stood.

"We want the last pair, Bradley and Jordyn, is it?" he said. I smiled and thanked them before they left. When I was sure that they were gone. I squealed and hugged Bradley tightly as he spun me in a circle. I laughed as he set me down.

"Good job you two," Luca congratulated us. "You two will have to start putting in extra practices to clean it up and add to it," Luca explained. Hayden didn't like that at all. I was ready to forgive him. I missed him like crazy. I gave myself a week or two to think about it and I did. What he did was wrong, but he'd just lost his mom. He thought that he was cursed in a way. He was only trying to protect me. After practice, I waited by Hayden's truck. When he saw me, he froze. He hesitated before he walked closer to me.

"Jo," he practically sighed. I uncrossed my arms and shrugged.

"I forgive you, Hayden, but if it happens again, I won't come back. I'm serious," I said sternly. I know, I know; I caved. I didn't think that I would ever forgive a guy if he cheated on me, but here I was. I couldn't help it, I loved him too much. He kissed my cheeks and my head and my nose and everywhere he could.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," he said. I smiled lightly and met his lips with mine.

"Let's go home," I said softly. I would get my stuff later. I'd only packed a little bit of it anyway. I drove the rental and Hayden took his truck. We went back to the apartment and walked inside. It was nice to be home. I felt Hayden's arms go around my waist. He kissed my neck before he rocked me gently.

"I missed you," he said softly. I smiled lightly before I turned to face him. I tossed my purse on to the couch and grabbed his hand. I led him to his room and pushed the door open. He kissed me gently and his hands went to my waist. "I love you, Jordyn," he said. I pulled away and looked at him seriously.

"I meant it, Hayden. This is the last time," I said sternly.

"Last time," he promised. "I won't do it again," he said. I watched his face for a moment before I started kissing Hayden again. This time, I would let him get his way.

Hayden ran his finger along my spine from the base of my neck to my lower back. He was smiling lazily. I sighed and let a smile spread onto my face. "What are you thinking?" I asked. Hayden sat up on his elbow and sighed happily.

"I love you... and I'm glad that your back," he answered I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Of course you are," I joked. He kissed me gently.

"I mean it, Jo," he said. My smile only got bigger. I was happy to be back too.

"We're going to have to talk eventually though," I said. He nodded.

"I figured," he agreed. "Are you hungry?" he asked, changing the subject. I laughed and slipped my underwear back on. I grabbed one of his shirts and slipped it over my head before I headed to the kitchen. Hayden pulled on his boxers and followed after me. We ate and watched TV for a while. I looked at his peaceful face and bit my lip lightly.

"Can I ask you a serious question?" I asked. He looked at me and instantly got worried.

"You can ask me anything," he said hesitantly. I hesitated and debated whether to say anything or not. We were in a good place right now and I didn't want to ruin that, but I needed to know.

"Did you sleep with anyone else while I wasn't here?" I asked. He immediately started shaking his head.

"No," he said confidently. I believed him.

"Did you just want me back to have sex with me?" I asked quietly. His fingers went under my chin as he made me look at him.

"Why would you even think that? I wanted you back because I love you and I missed you. I missed having my girlfriend and best friend around. I missed talking to you. I missed messing around and playing with you. It was torture being in this place alone, but the only company I wanted was you. I missed your laugh and your smile and your eyes. I missed how crazy your hair looks in the morning. I missed you teasing me and pretending that my cooking isn't great," he chuckled. "I missed you."

"Really?" I said softly. He chuckled and kissed me gently.

"I fell in love with you, Jordyn... way before I knew how great you were in bed," he joked. I laughed and pushed his shoulder back. He kissed me deeply, making my heart pound wildly in my chest. I loved this. I missed this. My breath caught as my hand went to the back of his neck.

"I love you," I muttered against his lips. It hurt me how much I loved him. I wanted to hold him and never let go. He pulled away and brushed a piece a hair off of my face.

"Come on; let's go to bed," he said softly.

The next morning, we lounged around lazily until it was time to go to practice. I was still Bradley's partner but Hayden was okay with it now. There was no doubt in his mind that I was his. Bradley and I were still fire together. We were the best at the acrobatics just because of our backgrounds. After the gig was over, I went back to being Hayden's partner. I would always be Hayden's partner from here on out.