Ëthia: Chapter 34 ~Somehow~

Xrins P.O.V.

"Is she dead or not?" My father asked pulling me into the library.

I looked at him with intensity, knowing he already was upset with me, I wouldn't let him make me feel like I failed.

"She went across the ocean, to the Fire Empire, I figured from there she was as good as dead," I explained.

My father began to pace back and forth in the library of the Water Colony palace.

He had grown comfortable, power suited him, it suited us.

"If she returns we will be put to death," My father warned, "I won't have you undoing all that we did!"

I stepped up to my father and looked him in the eyes, "Father, you've trained me well, if I knew she was going to make it back I would've crossed the sea myself to end her"

A grin appeared on my father's face, "I'll announce the news later today, it won't be too long before you and I are the new royal family."

The sound of being in power, true power, was fitting. My father was right in the sense that our family should've taken over eighteen years, apparently timed agreed with us.

"What about the rest of your Nephews? What happened to them?"

My mind flashed back to the nephews who were probably dead by this point, those villagers captured them and I'm sure they killed them as well.

I looked at my father, "There were some causalities along the way".

His grin disappeared slowly and an emotionless expression replaced it, "Your sister will be very upset, but I'm sure her status being raised will make up for it."

I nodded my head in agreement with my father.

"Go, Reward your Nephew, Keyon, for the good work he has done."

I thanked my father and walked out of the library.

I walked up the stairs and into the room that was once Ëthia's, I looked around and was extremely pleased to know that in a very short time all of it would belong to me.

Ëthia's P.O.V.

The streets of the Empire were quiet, maybe too quiet, but whatever was out there I knew that we needed to get back to the captain.

He was the only person I trusted who could get us back to the main land and he was the only person who could get us out of harms way.

Without the emperor, or his elite assassins, we were safer, but it wouldn't be long until people started asking questions and figuring things out, and the next time we wouldn't be prisoners, we'd be dead.

Arriving to the outside of his cottage we all got off our animals and rushed to the front door.

"Do we knock?" Seviah asked being confused.

"No," I quickly replied and opened the door.

Once inside Dax and Ivan made their way back to the captain's room and knocked on the door.

The baby they had started crying loudly and the mother began to scream.

I rushed back there and opened the door and saw the mother in bed with her baby.