Chapter 2

Hello again!! Thank you for reading my story! It means so much to me! I would really appreciate it if you commented, voted, and became a fan!! I would really appreciate it. Like it says on my profile info, i do update about every five days and i try to stick to it. Please recommend me to your friends and family!

Sorry, i ramble sometimes. :) Now, you may read :) ---------->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. My tired body refused to get out of bed to answer the door so I murmured a “Come in.”

“Good morning miss. I am Amelia. I am your personal assistant from here on out. Now, today is the 3rd so the Royal Ball is in exactly 2 weeks. That means that you need to start learning how to live like a real lady. And tonight is your birthday party-” She rambled on before I cut her off.

“Birthday party?” I questioned.

“Yes, your birthday party. Even the prince is attending.” She looked at me with a grin. “We need to get you ready for today…”

“What? I have to start getting ready for the party now?” I asked, shocked.

“Oh, no, no silly. You have other activities today as well. First you have breakfast downstairs, then you have a lesson with one of the duchess’s who live here at the castle on manners-” Amelia started rattling off things in her mind.

“I have perfect manners, thank you very much.” I stood up and moved to the bathroom to start getting undressed. She continued talking as she handed me a simple green dress.

“Then at ten o’clock you have ballroom dancing practice, then at eleven o’clock you learn side saddle, then at twelve is lunch. You get three hours for lunch then at two o’clock you have dress fittings for your birthday party and the ball. Then finally, your birthday party is at six o’clock until ten this evening.” She smiled at me while I simply stared at her in astonishment. That was quite a lot to do in one day. I sighed and she motioned for me to sit down. I hesitantly did so and she grabbed a boar bristle brush and started brushing my long blonde hair down. It felt nice and relaxing but it ended too soon. In next to no time we were already on our way down to breakfast. It actually felt nice not having to wake up and prepare it for myself and occasionally another person. I chose a seat near the wall in the mess hall since I didn’t know anybody here yet. There was a group of knights who looked like they had been training all morning and a group of ladies over in the next corner. They didn’t seem to notice me which was fine. I didn’t need anybody judging me quite yet. I ate quietly and once Amelia saw that I was finished, she practically dragged me to the manners lesson that I had to attend. Thankfully, the morning passed quickly and I only had side saddle lessons before lunch. She led me to the stables and I went about tacking up my horse while I waited for the instructor. I brought my horse out to the pasture and noticed it was right across from the knight’s practice yard. My instructor came out a few moments later and before long, let me leave after I showed him that I was perfectly capable of riding side saddle.

            Relieved that I was done with the horrid morning, I wandered into the castle asking where the library was. I eventually found it (with lots of help) and picked myself out a book before heading back outside. I roamed the castle grounds before coming up near the same pasture I had had my lesson in a few minutes ago. I crossed between the pasture and knight’s training yard before finding a rather shady tree a few feet back in the woods. I settled down and was immediately lost in my book.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mama is so beside herself that she’s not slept since papa died. The doctor dosed her with laudanum that she might have healing rest. I mourn with her for papa and Hans-