chapter three

Today was the day of all days. It will probably be my favorite day until I get engaged or married or have kids. Today is not only my six-month anniversary with Josh (meaning that we could post about our relationship) but also my Katherine debut! Tonight, I won't be putting on my cap as Sniper, but sitting at my typewriter as Katherine.

I was extremely nervous about performing in such a large role, but after two put-in rehearsals going well, one of them being a dress rehearsal, I was confident that I'd be able to perform Katherine in my own special way.

As with every day, the first thing I do before getting ready is check what notifications I got while asleep. Just as I thought there would be, there is a post from Josh waiting for me on Instagram. The picture is the candid Ben took of us at the bean, the one DeMarius caught us taking in the background of his photo. Josh captioned it: Happy six months to this amazing, beautiful girl that I get to call my own. Phoebs, you make my days better & brighter and I could not ask for a better girlfriend to love. You are going to kill it tonight as Katherine and I, your Darcy, will be by your side through it all #Joshbe #thisistheactualpic #wowsheshot #shesalsomine #getreadyforamillioncouplespicsbecauseivebeenholdingontothemforsixmonths. The picture makes me laugh, smile, and cry, all simultaneously. I'm so damn lucky. I comment: Wait...we're dating? Jk, I LOVE YOU BABBEEE with a million green hearts.

I take the time to post my own photo, one from when Josh and I were sitting at the top of the center stage tower together and I was in his lap and he was kissing the top of my head (thank you, Ben!!). I caption it: Hi, I love you. Thank you for being the most amazingest boyfriend for the past SIX MONTHS!!! You are everything I could ask for and more. Thank you for being my rock and dealing with my crazy antics. YAY SIX MONTHS!!! Here's to a million more. Satisfied with the caption, I post the picture and wait for the reactions. It's daunting posting a photo of Josh and I for the first time. I like it, I can be more honest with the fans, but I also miss having it as our own little secret. Before long, I see Josh's comment: It's my privilege, dahling. But, yes, you are SO HARD TO DEAL WITH UGH.

I finish my social media check for the morning and get ready. I need to be at the theatre two hours before the show so that I can review my Katherine choreography and quick changes before getting ready for the night's performances. This means that the cast has the majority of the day off, so I head to Josh and Ben's room to see what they're up to and if they want to do anything today.

When I get to the boys' room, I find it empty, which is weird. They usually sit around and do nothing until prompted to do otherwise, or I'll get a text from Josh informing me that he's heading out to do something alone or with the boys. After double checking that the boys weren't in the room (I knocked a million and one times) I head back to my room to see if Stephanie has any plans for the day.

"Hey, Steph, I can't find Josh or Ben. Do you want to do anything today?" I call, entering our shared room.

"I was going to watch Wren today for Meredith and Steve, but you can join me if you'd like," She answers from the bathroom, where I could hear the shower running.

"Sounds great!" I reply.

"Awesome, I'll be out in a few minutes and then we can go find them!" Stephanie says.

I sit down on my bed and pull out the book I'm in the middle of reading, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. Not too long ago, I heard that there was a play inspired by this story and decided that I needed to read it before eventually seeing the play. Because of my busy schedule with Newsies, it's taking me awhile to get through. I'm able to read 15 pages before Stephanie gets out of the bathroom and we head to Meredith, Wren, and Steve's hotel room.