Chapter Six; Kids These Days

Chapter Six

Kids These Days

LP0984 was irate.

Robots generally didn't feel emotional rapport or irascibility, but his charge, "Lord" Kiers was definitely not up to his standards in dress code, which he was programmed to judge.

"Lord Kiers," LP0984's usual monotone was slightly off, "scanning occasion data, it is not fit to be dressed as you are."

Kiers felt equally caustic and trenchant, as he glared at the mechanical creature. His sleepless, dark ringed, sore, creepy eyes generally got him what he wanted-just not on Atlantis, much to his dismay. "I'm not interested."

"In Estonni it is highly disrespectful to dress in such a manner," LP0984 insisted.

"I doubt that," Kiers replied acerbically, as he glanced at himself, pleased with his simple camp shirt and four belts across his shoulders to form an "X" across his front. All his belts were filled with Ultrateal bullets, tons of energy-operated knives, pistols, and even a gigantic chainsaw! Of course, this all weighed a ton that Kiers was standing like a hunchback, and that it was extremely impractical for anything, but in the presence of awesome arms, Kiers lost all sense of utilitarianism.

"There is a 99.999% that you will die within the next two days if you leave this suite dressed like that," calculated LP0984, before he suddenly stiffened. "If Death Prob equals greater than fifty percent: Emergency Measures; proceed."

Kiers gave a startled expression at LP09843, who's one eye suddenly began blinking red lights, as metal claws suddenly came out of his sides, before he finally decided to change, throwing off the chainsaw, three belts, and keeping the lightest handgun, a couple rounds of ammo, and throwing on a long, formal, fur-lined parka-like, bulletproof jacket and threw out his hands as he saw LP0984 lunging towards him.

"Hey-hey-I-I-"

That was too late; LP0984 dug his claws (which thankfully were blunted) and on Kiers's hood, and suddenly, the roof of the suite suddenly parted in opposite directions mechanically, while Kiers stared in amazement.

Kiers's amazement instantly turned into a sickening cry as he LP0984's lower flight compartment opened, and huge rocket blasters revved into action, as he was catapulted into the sky at the end of some dumb robot's claws, thrashing fearfully in the air.

"You idiotic robot!" the prince screamed angrily.

The morbid cynic's cheeks flushed red as he noticed various Atlantizens looking up as he passed the futuristic squares and amazing clean technological havens of island. Cameras and gigantic plasma screens off of buildings were broadcasting him, so his face appeared right on the side of glass skyscrapers, people pointing at him as if he was a spectacle.

It was only the second day in this place, and he was assigned to destroy an empire in a week, and right before his task, he was given public humiliation to cope with. Kiers was utterly mortified by this experience, and scowled profusely at his robot. "I your mechanical organs are mortified, medically, and your levers and screws one by one split into two, I hope you die slowly through lack of lubrication . . ."

"Omnibots don't need lubricant, your highness," LP0984 responded, detecting an error. Kiers grumbled something indistinctively, but it involved wrecking modern engineering.

The rest of the aerial cruise should have been spectacular; seeing all the highlights of such a magnificent city, as well as a couple of purlieu residences, as well as the strangely placed natural features in various places of the high-tech paradise was something people dreamt about.