Tries and Goodbyes

And now there they were. Running towards the Argo II, Ms. O Leary trailing behind them who was also badly bruised in fighting. "Coach Hedge! We're going in!" Leo yelled.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Frank heard the satyr say from above the deck. "I swear, if you came any longer than this, I would go down there, kill all the giants and flying kick that Gaea in the face!" Though Frank doubted that Coach Hedge could ever do that. Gaea was a lot bigger than he thought.

Leo got impatient. Hedge was taking too long, so he yelled "Festus buddy, come on! Open up!" He was calling the bronze dragon-head figure at the front of the ship that had a mind of its own. Immediately, part of the ship opened up and the seven rushed inside.

"Cupcakes, what took you so long- IN THE NAME OF PAN, WHAT HAPPENED!?" Coach Hedge said when he saw Percy in Frank's arms. Piper, Annabeth and Hazel hurried of to somewhere to fix a bed and get some ambrosia for Percy. Leo ran to the helm and immediately the Argo II was up in the air, flying at full speed.

Frank put Percy down on the bed. His arms were now covered in blood, which he wasn't used to. Because when they kill monsters, they turned into dust and appeared in Tartarus without a real mess. But Frank didn't even bother about it anymore. Percy was breathing even heavier than before.

Coach Hedge went near the bloody hero. "What happened?" He asked. Nobody answered. What happened was so horrible that they didn't want to recall it and tell it just yet.

Instead, Annabeth asked. "Can you heal him?" Annabeth said hopefully.

The old satyr looked at the hole on Percy's body. "Cupcake, I'm not so sure that my skills can." He answered. Annabeth's face drained. She looked at Percy and held his hand again. She looked at his chest. Gaea's sword had went through the back of Percy, completely piercing him. As Annabeth looked at her boyfriend, she knew.

She knew that he wouldn't be making it.

The wound was too big for any stitch to work. And it had probably broken two of his arteries and destroyed his trachea. No. Being a daughter of Athena, she could see by the looks of it that she was going to lose her Seaweed brain. She didn't want to lose her Seaweed Brain. The tears that she tried to stop from falling finally fell. She'd been afraid that when she would start, she would never stop.

"Annabeth," Hazel said softly. "Come on." Hazel led Annabeth out of the room. She knew that she couldn't take it if she saw Percy like that any longer.

"I-it's a lost cause, Hazel." Annabeth said in between her sniffling and hyperventilating. "An oath to keep w-with a final breath." She muttered.

"What?" Hazel asked as she heard Annabeth recite the final line to the great phrophecy. Hazel wasn't crying anymore but her eyes were bloodshot.

"W-when we were talking one night, h-he said he'd promise to stop Gaea and save us. He swore, Hazel. H-he swore on the River Styx..." Annabeth explained.

Hazel shook her head lightly. She didn't want to believe it. But if Annabeth, the smartest person on board and girlfriend of Percy Jackson, would say that... it would be hard to argue with her. After she cried a little bit more, Annabeth decided that she wasn't doing anything progressive by crying outside the room.

Annabeth took some ambrosia and nectar. She didn't want to go back to see her dying boyfriend, but she had to. On the way back to the room, she looked outside the windows. The sea was nearby. Then Annabeth's gears started turning. If all was lost, she was willing to try the plan she had just come up with.

Meanwhile, back inside, Piper, Jason and Frank were praying to every god there was that Percy would live to see another day.

"Please, Coach Hedge." Piper pleaded. "It may seem impossible, but we've done many impossible things before. Atleast try to heal him." Piper didn't notice it, but she'd been using her charmspeak on the satyr.