Two~Ryland

Shay's POV

"Ryland.. You have Dementia.." This was the seventh time Daddy had to tell dad. I hate this, so much. I need to get out, possibly go on a date of some sorts.

"Hey, Daddy?" He looked at me with a smile on his face. "Can you watch Jackie, pretty please?"

"Sure, Shay. Where you going?" I walked out to the living room and put my shoes on.

"That coffee shop on Mariot Avenue. I wanna try it!" I walk over to him and kiss his cheek. "I'll be back soon, before dinner at least." Daddy pats my back as I start to leave.

When Jackie was born, my parents bought me a car. It's nothing special, but it does it's job. I drove down the not so familiar street to see a nice coffee shop. I park on the side of the road and walk in.

"Welcome! Whay would you like to order?" The very attractive man asked.

"I'll have a large iced mocha with hazelnut." He wrote it down on a piece of paper with a smile. Before he walked away, he handed me that paper.

Knox;-)
235-555-2994

I smile as he hands me my coffee.

"You know, I get off in fifteen minutes if you'd like to wait." He said with the same smile. I nod and head to a booth.  I pull out my phone and see a picture I was tagged in on Instagram.

  I pull out my phone and see a picture I was tagged in on Instagram

I sigh as I look deeply into the picture. I would say that I would have been two, from the looks of dad. I must of been staring at it for a long time because Knox came over and sat across from me.

"So, you know my name, what's yours?"

"Shay Yaw, nice to finally get to talk to you!" He smiled.

"Your last name is sweet."

"Well, what's yours?"

"Weekes." Shay smiles.

"I'm going to tell you something that might make you not interested in me." She said, looking at the table.

"What?"

"I'm a mother. I have a baby back with my parents." Knox smiled.

"Oh, how sweet! A boy or a girl?" Shay pulled up a picture of Jackie.

"Girl. Her name is Jack-Lynn, but we all call her Jackie!" Knox awed at the picture.

"I have a dog, his name is Donald. He's a Weiner dog but I dress him up like he is a actual baby." Shay laughed.

"I used to do that with our old cat Cheeto! He hated it, but it was funny!"

"Was Cheeto your childhood cat?" Shay nodded.

"He was fifteen when he died, old fuck."