Chapter 2: Father

I step back when I come face to face with none other than Mr. Wolfie. “What the hell are you doing?” I give him a shitty look and utter a protection spell that makes his skin feel like it is burning where ever I touch him. He starts screaming and rips his hands off of me.  I smirk at him and turn around to see the girl that kissed me. 

“What do you want?” I say to her.

“Just doing my job miss.” she says to me as she steps closer.

“Don’t touch her, Rose, it will burn you.” Mr.Wolfie says.

Rose, so that’s her name, turns and looks at me with wide eyes. 

“That can’t be right, John, I kissed her remember?” she says quickly looking at him.

“Listen guys, I would love to talk to you…but…I’m more than a little busy at the moment so..” I turn and look at John. “If you will excuse me.” I jump to the side of them and run like bloody hell to where I am supposed to meet the voice. 

“Hey! Wait!”

“SHIT!” I yell out as John lands on top of me. “Bloody hell. Okay look I get you wolves don’t do well with time but….I HAVE TO GO. So either willingly get the hell off of me or I will hang you up in the air and won’t let you come back down. Okay? It’s your choice.”  I bite back my anger and try to calm myself when I feel the air around me start to shift because I’m loosing my temper.

“What kind of freak are you!?” John and Rose ask me at the same time staring at me terrified. I scream loosing it. My eyes shine electric purple my hair has taken on a mind of it’s own whipping around the air, the air is moving around me in supernatural speed. The girl, Rose, screams out in fright and turns to run. 

I raise my eyes to her and point one finger at her. “FREEZE!” I say to her. My voice does not sound normal. It is dark and evil and full of power. I raise my hand up and both John and Rose go into the air. “What kind of freak am I? Well, to answer that question. I am the queen of the freaks. I am the freaky witch that could kill you with one blink. I am the freak that is unknown to all. You do not know of my powers because I do not want you to. I am the freak from your nightmares. I am a fucking witch and now you shall FEAR ME!” at the last part I let half of my power seep into it. Thunder claps and dark clouds roll in, I know I need to calm down before I cause another storm. 

I close my eyes and go to my happy place. I feel my self calm down right as a few rain drops start to fall. I take three deep breaths then I open up my eyes. “Make sure you tell who ever it is who wants me, that they CAN NOT have me. And that anyone else who will try to capture me will be met by either insanity or an untimely death.” I bite out darkly as my feet touch the ground. 

“Dusk. Hurry dust is coming, please my daughter, we do not have much time now.” I hear whispered into my ear. I turn around without saying another word and run towards the voice, leaving John and Rose suspended into the air. I wave my hand behind me as I’m running and make a fog come and surround the woods. I can see threw the fog but it will slow Dust down some. 

I stop in the middle of a circle of trees. I’m here. The voice told me to come here. “You’re here.” someone behind me says breathlessly. I whip around and start chanting a protection spell when a man places his hand on my arm. I freeze and look up.

“No….” I raise my eyes to meet the purple ones of the man in my dreams. “you…you’re…my..”

“Father.” he finished and pulls me into a hug.

“But. It was just a dream. My father is at home…” I trail off staring into his eyes. The eyes that have been haunting my dream my whole life. would catch glimpses of them while I played in the park; or was practicing my spells out in the woods; and when ever I was asleep. I would always see him, his eyes, those dark mysterious eyes.

“You can hardly call that man a father. He doesn’t even know when you were born! He has never been a father to you and he does not deserve to be called a father you and I both know this!” The man bites out, his eyes glowing brighter as he says it.

“I want to be your father. I have always been searching for you. The moment I sensed your soul when you were in that woman’s womb I have been here for you. I went every one of your games, school events, any where you went I was there protecting you. I gave you your privacy but I also kept you safe.”

“You want to be my…..my father?” I say looking at him with wide eyes. Tears form into my eyes and they flash purple showing my emotions.

“I would be honored, I am getting old and have been searching someone worthy enough to become my daughter. All you have to do is let me bite you then you will be my daughter, everything I own will then become yours. My money will become yours when I finally pass on, you will have a brother.  So what do you say? Become reborn, dusk, become my daughter. Become Princess  Lamia Knight.” He says to me as he falls to his knees in front of me.

I look at my father and fall down to him. “I, Dusk Leaf, here by shall be known as “Dusk Knight, Princess Lamia Dusk, Princess of all Vampires, daughter of King Knight, King Blood Knight!” as the last word falls from my tongue the sky becomes the darkest color of black and the wind whips around. Leaves are swirling all around forming a tight circle around my father and I. 

Blood bites down onto my neck and begins to take my blood. I smile over his shoulder as I see Dust come running into the clearing. I raise my hand to wave at him and begin to say a barrier spell to keep everyone out until I am a vampire. Dust runs up to the barrier and begins kicking and punching it with all his might. My eyelids start to get slightly heavy and I whisper for the wind to carry Dust peace and sleep until I awaken. Dust suddenly stops kicking and screaming at the barrier and falls to the ground in a deep sleep. 

I finally close my eyes, oh so heavy,  and sigh in contentment. The sky is so black now, the wind moving so fast it could uproot the trees if it weren’t part of nature. Blood pulls away from me and puts me to the ground as the sky opens up and pours us with it’s tears. Thunder is crashing everywhere. Someone I can’t see is walking up towards us, they hit the barrier and blood raises his hand letting the person in. The person kneels beside me. I bring my eyes slowly to his and see the most brilliant violet eyes. The person slowly smiles at me and gently lowers my head to the ground. 

“All hail Princess Lamia Dusk Knight, future queen of all vampires. My new daughter.” Blood says as he sweetly kisses my forehead. 

“Rest, Dusk, I will be here when you wake.” the unknown man says to me. 

I want to ask him who he is but my mouth wont move. I can’t keep my eyelids from falling. I feel myself slipping into unconsciousness and I succumb to the darkness, my new home.