I Will Be The Death Of You

Prologue

“I love you” Heather whisper’s to me.

“I know you do” I whispered back.

“Do you love me?” she asked gripping on to my arm and moving closer to me on the bed.

“Of course” I said smoothly. I've always been a smooth liar.

She swept her blonde hair over her shoulder and stared at me. I knew what she wanted, but I wanted her to beg for it.

A few seconds went by as she just stared at me waiting for me to lean in.

“Why haven’t you kissed me yet?” she asked.

“I don’t know if you truly love me” I said.

“I love you Jace” she stated and laid her hand on my stomach.

I didn’t answer her, I just sat there and watched her mind work.

“Please kiss me” she begged.

“What?” I asked starring her into the eye.

“I love you Jace with all my heart. Please kiss me” she begged and started leaning in.

I obliged to her request and leaned in connecting our lips. Her lips didn’t even have time to move against mine before I tasted the sweet essence of her soul. It poured out of her mouth as a mist like substance going into mine.

She gave me what I craved most.

Then she went limp and her soul was gone.

It was very painful to have your soul ripped from you, that is what truly killed them.

I let her go and she fell backwards on the bed limp and going cold, dead.

I got up and wiped my lips off, then I left her room.