Ruins (1)

Chapter 1

Earth is long gone. The people, eighty years past, who laid witness to its beauty and magic succumbed with it. The survivors of the Apocalypse died in cry of old age. Only the heir to their past world knowledge lives, and what name they carry, no one knows. The High Tribe Maters sent group after groups to hunt down, or rather as the High Masters say; track, the sons and daughters of the survivors, but all walked back with empty hands.

There is no Earth. What life before us . . . dust. There is no before. Only now and tomorrow. Or maybe not even then. I dare not know.

Our world now, has taken a new title. The past creation that mothered our present, now gone. And in its ruins, I pronounce the conceiving of Ahz. Our new world. A place, maybe, far from the image of life in the past world, but holds likeness, any other way.

And I am one of its people. I am one of the impossible count who hold to this new world for life. Who clutch it into my arms for a grasp at my breath and my family's. I look now into the future and see what lays weaved for us, and for now, I see none. Nothing but a hollow soul soaked by dark shadows.

If not for the three people I try so hard to hold in my pale palm, I would have permitted the cold silver night blade to connect with my wrists and draw crimson lines of pain and finality. If not for them, I would have let death close its walls on me, suffocating me and taking life inches from my responsibility.

For in this new world, I am a mutation. A soul drifting in the cold midnight wind, fertilizing its breeze with deadly claws. After my father died . . .

The strings that connected me to my humanity snapped. No, dissolved. I began to question my own sanity, my own self-worth. And to one same solution I came to an end.

I am a disgrace to nature. On such utter disappointment level. A different stretch of shame.

I'm different. I'm not human. I used to be, but now . . . I don't even know. The death of my father pushed me into a life I never asked for.

--------------------

Hi there! :).

Comment, vote, fan!! If you don't like this story, I'll keep writing anyway. But please keep tuned in, anyway. The plot has yet to be revealed ^^.

Thank you, thank you to all those who will read my work.

X Ducky

(psssst! comment! ;D)

All rights reserved 2012

Duckybear