No Hero To Save Me

I raised my hand as the teacher began passing out the test. When she looked up and noticed my hand she rolled her eyes, which didn't go unnoticed by me or half the students in the class.

"Yes, Fayon?" she asked irritably

"Let's just say, for example, the fire alarm went off right now. Would we need to take this test?"

A few students chuckled knowing what was going to happen.

"Well, if it did go off at this exact moment, I guess the test would be postponed till Monday" she said, looking at me suspiciously.

Its go time Noah, pull it!

Suddenly the fire alarm went off, and everyone jumped up hurrying to leave the class room. I grinned, walking out of the room in no rush. I was swept into someone's arms which lifted me up and spun me around laughing. Giggling, I turned around to see my best friend Noah.

"That was awesome Noah! The test isn't until Monday!"

"You're welcome, babe" he said, winking.

"Do you just wanna ditch? We only have 2 classes left and I really want to sleep"

He mocked gasped, "What? My little Fayon wants to skip? Where did I go wrong?!"

Shut up you prick

"Hey!" he said loudly "That's not nice!"

I smirked at him, walking out of the school knowing he'd follow. We walked to his car, which was a freaking sexy black mustang, laughing and joking around like we always did. After climbing in, he drove us over to his house. He stopped at the huge gate that blocked his drive way and the guard let him right in. Yeah, big gate, guard. His family is loaded! His mom owned a pretty famous bakery while his dad was one of the best lawyers in the country. He was pretty cool about it though, he never bragged.

"I'll race you inside!" I shouted and sprinted forward, knowing I'd win.

"No fair! Cheater!!" He sprinted after me, but couldn't catch up.

Looks like I'm the winner! Again!

He pouted as he walked up to me "You don't have to rub it in Fay-Fay"

"Sorry Stud, but I won fair and square"

"Fine, let's go watch a movie or something" he suggested

"Okay! Can I pick? Please please please!"

"Sure Baby-cakes."

"Baby-cakes? That's a new one." I said smiling up at him.

"I know," he said smirking at me "I stayed up all last night thinking about a new one"

"Mhm, I bet you did" I replied sarcastically knowing he was lying.

I pushed him and skipped up the steps heading to his room where all the movies they had where. Looking through them I found the one I was looking for.

"This one!" I shouted at him when he walked into the bedroom. He glanced at it and smiled

"How'd I know you'd pick that one?"

"Because you stalk me all the time and watch me while I sleep"

He rolled his eyes and replied "Yes, because it's not like I have things to do"

Shut up and just put the movie in.

"Fine, Fine" he said, popping in 7 Pounds, one of my favorite movies.

I jumped on his sofa as he went to get popcorn and a blanket for us to cuddle under. As I waited I hummed a song I had heard on the radio earlier. He walked in with the popcorn, blanket and some sweet-tarts.

"Score!" I shouted as I grabbed them from him.

He rolled his eyes, "You're welcome"

He walked over and put his arm around me as I cuddled into him. I'm not gonna lie, my best friend is hot! He had short hair that he also dyed and styled. Right now it was brown with blonde highlights, and I loved it! He had emo hair, and he worked it.

"I still can't get over your hair!"

"You mean my body" He said winking

I shook my head laughing "You flirt to much!"

"Hey, it's not my fault you're so attractive Bambi."

Whatever, this is the good part! So shut your face.

"Whatever." He said, as I glared at him

We continued cuddling until the movie finished.

I'm probably going to have to go soon...

He sighed and looked at me miserably, knowing how much I detested going home.

"You know you can talk to me whenever, right?"

"I know stud, that's why I love you!" I said grinning at him.

I tried reaching out into his mind and telling him that I was fine, but I didn't have enough energy to. Yeah, I could talk to him, in his head. But if you ask me, I thought it was awesome! I honestly had no clue why I could do it, and Noah was the first person I told when I found out I could do it. At first it was hard adjusting, but he really helped me through it and I don't know what I would have done without him. I wasn't too curious as to why I could do it, I accepted it and used it to talk to Noah sometimes.

I sighed looking at the clock, knowing I was going to have to leave soon. I loved staying at Noah's house, but I already stayed 2 nights this week and wouldn't be able to stay another. I got up and pulled him to his feet.

"Come on, it's time for me to leave, I got to be home soon."

His mood changed instantly, from cheerful to gloomy. "Okay Fayon. Just call me when you get to your room?" He asked as he dragged me to his car.

"I know, Noah. We do this every night, I won't forget"

We drove with the radio playing in the background softly. We never really talked whenever he was bringing me home and the ride was also solemn. I held one of his hands as we continued on, wanting it to help him a little bit. As we pulled up, we sat in the car a while longer, just staring at the house. It was a worn out two-story house that really needed some work done. The porch railings were almost falling apart and weren't really safe at all, but it was the house I called home. Noah looked over at me, then back at the house.

"I hate bringing you here."

"I know , Noey, I hate it too. But we can't really do anything about it." I glanced at house knowing I'd have to go in sooner or later.

He looked over at me, this time holding my gaze. "Be careful Fay"

"I know... I should really go in now."

He leaned over and planted a small kiss on my cheek and replied, "Okay"

I got out of the car and walked up the small sidewalk and up the brick steps, and reached to open the door. I glanced behind me and watched as Noah pulled away, leaving. I clenched my jaw, turned around, and walked into the house.