Behind The Scenes

I'm so emotional now that this story has come to its end. I've worked really hard on it and I'm so happy that so many people have enjoyed reading it. 

To start off this Behind the Scenes I'm going to explain the development of the plot.

The original plot I had come up with was very different from the one that I wrote. I wrote the first few chapters with the original plot in mind, so there is lots of plot setup that I never followed through with.

Judar was supposed to be the main antagonist who wanted Sindri for himself, which is why he toys with Sindri in the first few chapters. I changed the plot to an assassination thing instead of the love square thing I had planned.

What? What love square you ask? Well, instead of Hana there was going to be a different maid that liked Kouen. She was going to work with Judar to separate Sindri and Kouen.

So basically the original plot was:

Sindri and Kouen get engaged. Judar sees Sindri and wants her for himself. Sindri's maid liked Kouen and helps Judar end the engagement. They give her a drug that makes her super hazy and unable to control herself. Then Judar puts her in a very compromising situation and basically ruins her reputation. The engagement is almost called off, and Kouen wants nothing to do with Sindri. It's up to Sindri to clear her name and prevent a war between Sindria and the Kou Empire.

It was actually a very basic plot with the love square as the main focus. After writing a few chapter I changed the plot. I'm a lot more satisfied with the new plot, as it focuses more on the slowly growing relationship between Sindri and Kouen instead of the high school drama type relationships of the old plot. 

Now let's move on to the characters. 

Tabul was a character that I came up with pretty late in the writing process. I can't remember the exact reason why I needed him, but he eventually became an important character.  He was born in Partavia, like Sindri, but his parents sold him into slavery. He likes to believe that he was stolen because he can't handle the fact that his family sold him. Years of hard labor strengthened his body and he learned to fight from a fellow slave who was an ex-gladiator. He was sold several times and eventually ended up in Kou. He served his master well as a bodyguard and was granted his freedom at his master's death. Having nowhere to go he joined the army and worked his way up to become a captain.

While serving Sindri his hardened heart began to soften and he began to think of her as a daughter. While he wasn't very smart when it came to academics, Tabul is very good at reading people and reacting to them. He picked on quickly that Hana was not to be trusted. However, he didn't do anything about Hana because Kouen personally chose Hana and Tabul did not want to go against Kouen. This is why Tabul never directly says anything against Hana and instead tried to deal with her quietly. 

As you can read in the story, after Tabul died he was buried with full military honors and a statue was created in his honor. Also, Sindri and Kouen named their son after him. If Tabul had lived he would have loved Kouta and the two of them would have had a close relationship.

Now let's move onto Hana and Lucious. 

Lucious is a Riem trader who made most of his wealth from a trade route between Riem and a port city in the Kou Empire. The peace treaty handed over that trade route to Sindria, which would cut off Lucious from his most profitable trade route. This caused Luacious to devise a plan to end the peace treaty and get his route back. He planted Hana in the palace as a maid to spy on Sindri and to kill her. In the chapter where Sindri and Tabul go to the market, Hana goes to see her brother. This was actually a meeting with Lucious to come up with the honeymoon assassination plan. 

Comment Review: (There are too many comment for me to respond to here, please don't be offended if I don't place your comment here.)

Iroh5555: This is literally me and my brothers relationship

A lot of people seemed to like and comment on Sindri's shouting at Sinbad to choke on his fruit. No matter what she says, Sindri will always love Sinbad. He is her last remaining blood relative, so though they fight she can't bring herself to truly hate him.

Irene6014: Omg!!! Your story and plot is getting sooooo interesting!!!! I am sooooo looking forward to your upcoming chapters!!! Good luck in updating!!!!

I am so happy that you enjoy my story, I hope it was satisfactory.

Esmerelda_17: I loved what he did to save her.

This is reffering to when Kouen gave up some of his Rukh to save Sindri. I came up with this idea when I remembered what Kouen did for Hakuryu in the manga. (Trying to avoid spoiling the manga)

Heart_Scaria: I'm looking forward to the next update Panama!

For some reason, even through Panama is a pen name I use, I love when people refer to me by it.

_Ren_Mizuki_: Wow.....I love this girl!!!!

This makes me really happy. I'm glad that you find Sindri a lovable protagonist.

Esmerelda_17: Was that her mothers wedding dress? Wow that maid was horrible she deserved to be slapped.

Sindri only knew her mother for a few years before she died of sickness. Her wedding dress getting messed up completely destroyed Sindri because it was her one connection to her mother.

MakiKilledRiko: Sindri- "IAMCRAZYBITCH"

This made me laugh. That is exactly what Sindri would have said if she had heard the maid call her crazy.

MK-Zlynn: Me: Okay time to sleep -The Peace Offering update notification rings- Me: You know what? To hell with sleep.

This has happened to me so many times with other stories, and the fact that someone feels this way about my story makes me soooo happy.

BriTheNerd1: I love this book it's one of my favorite magi Fanfics hope you continue soon :)

*Does a little happy dance*

BriTheNerd1: Yus a new chapter I can awwww over, also love how you're progressing your own story line instead of just integrating your character into the main story line :)

There are many good stories that use that method, but I actually find that very hard to do because I often make things up as I write.

TaraMullis: Can you make the baby a little girl with red hair with purple streaks and her mother's eyes please? Can you name her Kate, Katherine please?

I already had Kouta as the baby, but I did make a mention of a girl named Katherine in the last chapter for you.

animewonderland11: Noooooooooo Tabul!!! please update soon

Yes, Tabul died. I like to kill off a main character for extra drama, and unfortunately it was Tabul this time.

Maizlynn: Nuuuuuuu! Tabul! Actually, I'm more worried for Sindri's child. She's still in the first few weeks of pregnancy. Meaning she is prone to miscarriage. And during the fight, she did land on her stomach. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. OMG plss don't take away the babyyy and save Tabul!

I'm impressed you caught on to that. I did toy around with the idea that Sindri would lose the baby, but ultimately decided against it.

Weverkins: Rest in peace buddy.

I'm so glad that people cared so much about Tabul. I actually tried to make readers like him so that his death would have a bigger impact.

peridotpuppy111: Awwww...that was satisfying. Happy endings are good.

My last story didn't have a very happy ending, so I decided to let Sindri and Kouen be happy.

A huge thanks to everyone who voted and commented. I can't believe how popular this story got. I really appreciate every reader and I hope you were able to enjoy yourself with my writing. Until next time, Panama out.