Prologue: TJ.

Prologue: TJ.

Thaddeus Jasper Dale couldn’t see. Everything was dark. He was almost certain he was blind. His head hurt.

Earlier that day, he had been having the time of his life with his friends. He had been visiting Soothville Baptist Church with his friends. They had been drinking homemade apple juice, chatting and he had gotten a little closer to his lifetime crush, Emma.

But now, he had forgotten it completely. All he could focus on was that he was going to die. He didn’t know how he was going to die, but he knew that he was not going to get out of the room alive. He could feel his assailant’s presence in the room, too. But still, he kept struggling. The floor was sticky and wet. It was blood. Thaddeus Jasper smelt blood. He tasted blood. He was bleeding. A blow to his forehead knocked him out.

When he woke up again, he was in a different room. He could feel that the floor wasn’t wet or hard anymore; he was lying on a rug. The air wasn’t that compressed anymore, the room here was larger. TJ could still not see anything, but he knew that his murderer was nearby. Very close, actually. Standing above him.

The killer tied a rope around his hands, and he was lifted into the air, hanging there. A knife was buried into his body one more time. TJ didn’t know how many times he already had been stabbed. But this time, it was different. It wasn’t a simple stab in the back. The knife remained inside his body, cutting into his flesh. The killer was removing his penis.

TJ kicked in the air, trying to hit his assailant in the face. The only thing he hit was the murderer’s arm. The knife lost its way and ended up in his thigh. The wound started bleeding much more than before. The knife had cut the aorta in Thaddeus Jasper Dale’s left thigh. He was bleeding out. The blood was warm. As he died, Thaddeus Jasper Dale thought about everybody he had loved in his fourteen years of life: Mom, Dad, Sis and Emma. He was never going to see Emma’s face again. He was never going to be able to tell her he loved her. As he took his last breath, the killer finished his deed and cut off the genitalia from the groin. Thaddeus Jasper Dale died that day. It was the 2nd of December, 2011.