04 / it's you

Chapter 4: It's You

Taeyong's steps led him to the door of his room with his hands turning the knob out of curiosity.

As we was hastily opening the door, his heart raced; never knowing whether it pumped only for blood or maybe it had something else in it. Most probably anticipating for something exciting or hair-raising incident to happen.

To add up to his thoughts, he saw nothing in the doorstep right after pulling the door agape. No person, no lady, no man, but the dimmed wall only welcomed his height.

Taeyong breathed.

He was a little perplexed and frightened. Not able to sync all of these in, with his heartbeat now beating rapidly than earlier's.

His brave feet even made way out of his room to check on the hallway if it was only his Aunt Hyejoo or cousin Mark who was there - and just as expected, there was no one around. That got him thinking.

Walking back inside the bedroom, he brushed his hair behind as he blew an air out to shake the thoughts away.

What the hell was that?

After the night, Taeyong was deprived from sleep for his mind was consumed with loads of questions regarding that night time situation.

Cold sweat streaming, baffled thoughts, and reduced ability to think clearly - he developed such problems through time. It was alarming. He cannot find the right pieces to find the perfect answer. His mind will not be in peace until he finds an answer.

Taeyong almost thought it will drive him insane. Sooner in time, he began to suffer from insomnia and even consulted an expert to help him cope up with all these. Each night he laid in bed, eyes darted at the ceiling as his mind recounted days and memories of when he was with his dearest Jennie. It was emotionally difficult to move on for him, personally. The pain was lingering and the feeling continued to remain fresh in his heart and memory. The sticky note Jennie gave him was safely secured in his drawer. Taeyong worded himself to only read that again or burn it to ashes once he finally got the chance to get over her. But at this point of time, it was impossible.

Days were completely odd. Well, yes he still had his high school friends around him. Mark and Aunt Hyejoo was there. Walking out with his dog on the park in mornings was nothing new, but the heavy feeling on his chest was always disturbing. He laughed inwardly, thinking he might have developed a heart ailment right after Jennie passed away. Besides, he does a weekly check up now with a specialist to cease his insomniac disorder. And somehow, the medication gradually helped him breathe better.

"Bruv!" Doyoung snapped as he encountered his friend on the park's green ground, comfortably seated with his dog alongside.

"Hey! You're here!" Taeyong waves while hugging his dog on the other hand.

"Look who's with you." Doyoung's eyes flickered to the dog - a furry white with brown and black shades papillion - then back to the now smiling Taeyong. "You raised him well, huh? Isn't that the little pup-"

As he went on with his words, Doyoung fell to a loud pause when he realized. You snapped wrongly Doyoung, he thought then roamed his eyes around the open area while fanning himself with his hand as an excuse. "Oh! The weather is just too hot right now. Isn't it? Phew~"