Kissing The Tears

Staring down at the open grave he wonders if he could have stopped her. If he had come sooner, would he be able to prevent her from shooting? Would he be able to help her through her broken heart?

He remembers when he came to her house only to hear a gunshot. He had ran around the house trying to find her and at last he found her laying on the floor of the master bedroom in a pool of her own blood. She looked so broken, so weak. The memories fills his mind as he stares down at the coffin that shields his love from the world.

.....

A blood stained tear fell from her dull brown eye, running down her pail cheek and blending into the already blood stained carpet. The life was slowly slipping away from her, but still she fought to keep her eyes open. As the life flowed out of her with every blood drop, the door sprang open and a young man ran into the room.

"Faith?" He whispered as he took in the scene. His best friend, the girl he loved lay in a pool of her own blood in the middle of her bedroom. Her dull brown eyes that once were so warm and caring, turned towards him for a second before rolling back to stare at the pool of crimson.

"What happened to you?" The young man whispered as he knelt beside her. His gaze fell on her angelic face that now held purple bags under her brown eyes, and her once rosy lips that were now colored crimson, caused by her constant coughing up blood. Again she only looked at him for a moment before looking back down, to weak to do anything else. As anger bubbled inside him, he momentarily forgot about the young girl holding on to her life by a thread, but when a small moan of pain slipped out of her mouth, worry etched his features.

Carefully he lifted the fragile girl into his arms and sped out of the room, all the while calling an ambulance. Regret and anger filled his every nerve as he thought of what the other man, Chris, had done. The man who swore he loved her, who she fell head over heals with, the man he actually considered a friend a while back.

Had he done this to her? Had he been drinking? Had he beat her? Was it Chris at all?

Yes it was, the young man Michael, decided while he tended to the girl. No one else had been here except Michael himself, since a week ago. He noticed the blood on her shirt and lifted it, only to reveal a hole on her left shoulder. A gun shot.

Michael was furious as he saw the gun in her hands. Was she really that stupid to shoot herself? But then confusion and worry came to mind as he though of all the reasons she had to do it. Then he felt anger again towards the jackass who wasn't there to stop her from hurting her self, then regret as he realised that jackass was himself. He stood up only to find a small tug on his shirt. Slowly he looked down to see her pleading eyes, begging him to stay.

"Please.." Her voice was rough, nothing like the smooth velvety sound he was so used to. No, her voice was husky and filed with so much pain that it pained him only to hear it. He knelt beside her on the sofa and held her hand with such care as if she was the most fragile thing in the world. His gaze so loving, his features etched with worry and regret.

"I'm so sorry Faith, I never should have left yesterday. I'm so sorry, please forgive.." Her delicate finger on his lips stopped him from continuing. His voice had been filled with so much regret and pain that she didn't want to hear it. It wasn't Michael's fault, it was Chris.

"Don't.." She whispered. Not being able to continue.

Michael grabbed her finger that still prevented him from talking, and kissed it lightly, his gaze still locked with hers. He had always loved her, ever since they were kids. But since she never showed interest he went for the next best role as her best friend. But seeing her now, so broken and fragile he wanted nothing more than to tell her how he felt.

"Faith.." He trailed off, afraid of her reaction. But the look in her beautiful eyes gave him the courage.

"Faith, I love you. More than anything so don't you dare leave me." He said so softly, he thought she wouldn't hear him. But as soon as that thought ran through his mind, the smallest yet most beautiful smile grazed her lips as she looked at him.

".. you to" She said. At first he didn't know what she meant, but as he looked in her eyes he knew. With that discovery, he bent down and kissed her blood stained lips gently.

"You're going to live Faith, you're going to make it. I'm not going to let you go. Not when I finally got you." He said as he heard the ambulance. Her grip on his hand tightened and yet again that breath taking smile grazed her lips.

"I love you" She said with as much strength she could muster and pulled his face down and kissed him with all the love she had.

.....

She had told him she loved him. She had looked like she would make it, but she didn't she just..

"Michael, would you like to say something?" A voice brings him out of his thoughts. He looks up to see Faiths mother with tears in her questioning brown eyes. Brown, just like Faiths'

"Michael?" She asks again, putting a hand on his shoulder. But he can't say anything as he looks back down on the grave. His tears flow silently down his cheeks, but no words escape his mouth.

His tears, silent words from the heart that he can't speak. His inner most feelings he can't share with anyone except that one girl that he just lost.

****

Hours later he still stands there, motionless. Everyone is gone except him. Slowly he kneels down in front of the now closed grave and finally he dares to speak.

"Faith.." He whispers to her, wherever she is. Only silence follows that one word. But it doesn't matter, all the feelings he had bottled up since that dreadful day at the hospital, all the love he had for her since they were kids and all the pain he feels, is in that one word. Her name.