Chapter Two.

****BEEEP BEEEP****

The loud sound of the horn on the bus tooted in my ears. I opened my eyes and dragged my head off the window I was leaning on. I had been asleep for the whole 5 hour bus drive, but it had only felt like 5 minutes. We had arrived in Sydney 6 hours ago and made our way to the bus to head straight to the Judges’ Houses. We didn’t get anytime to go shopping or sightseeing, as we had to come the furthest. All the other contestants were from the Sydney or Melbourne or Brisbane area and we were the only contestants from Perth, which was really shocking, but pretty cool too. I would have normally been mad that we couldn’t go shopping, but since I had the worst jet-lag ever, I didn’t care, all I wanted was to sleep. I turned to Ashlee, who was sitting beside me and was stuffing her phone and iPod into backpack as she stood up and began to make her way off the bus. Rose and Gemma were in front of her, making there way down the stairs. Ashlee turned back just before she left the bus and said; “come on Dione, you can sleep when we get inside.” 

I smiled at her as I quickly grabbed my things, before thanking the bus driver and hobbling off the bus. I nearly died when I saw the Judges’ Houses. They were AMAZING. I gasped as I turned to the others, who were all standing in a row, staring at the houses. They were a creamy-white colour, and were surrounded by palm trees and bright vibrant green grass. A deep blue swimming pool in the shape of an island was on the left side, surrounded by white and red striped beach lounges. On the other side was a small electronic camp-fire, which was inside a circle of wooden logs. There were four separate houses in total, with bright blue doors on the front. The golden gravel path leading to the front swerved in a squiggly motion and the pink, purple and orange flowers outlining the path were bursting with life. I couldn’t believe how amazing these houses were, and I was determined to make sure we stayed here for as long as possible. 

“Well guys, let’s get used to our new home!” I grinned as I began to skip down the path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“HURRY UP DIONE, WE HAVE TO BE IN THE COMMON ROOM IN 5 MINUTES!!” Ashlee’s voice echoed through the bathroom.

“FINE!! I’LL BE THERE SOON!!” I screamed back as I slipped my silver hoop earrings through ears. I grabbed my mascara and applied another layer to my thick black lashes. I turned off my straightener and fluffed up my hair a bit. I looked at my outfit, I wasn’t happy. I was wearing a singlet with a loose black shirt over it. I had my leopard print tights and my black shiny heels to add to it. My hair was straightened with a thin plait on the side. I had natural makeup on, but I did have a bit of eye-liner on as well, to make my eyes look better. I had my ’dream’ necklace on, as well as my hoop earrings. I would’ve rather had more time to dress up, but we only had 15 minutes and that is no-where near long enough for me to get ready. I sprayed on some perfume before strutting out the door. When I got outside I discovered I had actually over-dressed. The mouths of Rose, Ashlee, Gemma, and all the other groups in the competitions mouth’s were wide open. They were all in track pants and jumpers. Ashlee had her pants she normally wears to school on, along with a ‘Los Angeles’ pink hoodie on and pink joggers. Rose had a similar outfit to Ashlee on, except her jumper was orange and said ‘City Beach’ across it with silver converse. Gemma had her usual black jeans on as well as a plain gray t-shirt and Vans. 

“Oh my god Dione, you look amazing.” Rose mouthed.

“Ummmm.. thanks.” I mumbled, turning to look at everyone staring at me. “Why is no body else dressed up?” I asked.

“Coz its only us getting filmed talking about the houses.” Ashlee said.

“Yeah but, we’re gonna be on TV! Why not make yourself look presentable?” I smiled.