Meeting

Chapter 2 Meeting

"So it is the first day of Senior year here at Gotham City High School, and Rosetta evidently doesn't want to be here. Oh, and here comes none other than Ursula Pinto, the fat cow..."

"Amelia!" Luna yells as the bean walks by. "You really can not filter your mouth can you? I mean really? Yelling that when she is around?" Luna reprimands as the mud-brown haired, big-boobed, high-heeled, strumpet (slut) awkwardly sashays toward the school. Her designer bag holding what could only be thought of as essentials for the imperial dictatorship of our sad school. Thankfully I would be turning 18 in October, only a few months from now, then next year I would be able to move far away from any superhero-infested city to go to a nice college studying art and Wildlife Conservation Biology.

I chuckle into the back of my hand. The 'bean' was none other than Ursula Pinto. The world's ugliest and most awful person ever. Especially at Gotham City High School. She was the "frien-enemy" everyone had been friends with at one point or another. She wasn't rich, but she always acted the damsel in distress part to get what she wanted. Lately, she had been after superheroes, and more specifically, the Bat-family of the male gender. Pulling down her V-neck shirt farther than its already cavernous depths at even a whisper of the Bat-family in the area.

It was a nightmare. 

"So Rose," Amelia nudged "going to offer some backup for your bestest pal in the world?" as she fluttered her eyelashes and made her famous puppy-dog eyes.

"Well... You know... OMG STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!" I threw up my hands in defense. I couldn't stand that look, no one could resist it. I bet not even Batman himself could. "You know I can't fully help you with that look" I accused with a huff.

"Ok, fine... But you better be on my side!" she said with a dead serious demeanor about her.

Sigh. Day one and already my life was hectic. Not that I minded though. In a city full of stuck up and terrified people, finding good friends was hard. I was lucky I have the friends I have, without them I don't think I would be able to make it through the complicated and dangerous thing called life at Gotham High.

"Amelia you know I love you girl, but I have to agree with Luna on this one. We all hate the bean, but you know she'll go run off to the principal and get us in trouble! None of us would like that, and neither would our parents." It wouldn't be very hard for Ursula to get us in trouble since we knew that she had ways of getting what she wanted. We even think she might be blackmailing the school staff by what she had gotten away with last year. One of which was an affair with a teacher, or so we were told. But yet again, gossip at Gotham High was like the game telephone. The end whisper almost always was different than the initial whisper.

"Aww, come on Rose! You let me down on this one" Amelia slumped in defeat.

"Well at least I saved our butts from detention with Mr. Grimes!" Luna laughed.

Mr. Grimes was an ex-criminal who had worked with all the big bads at one point or another. He was finally caught when he was helping the Joker in an attempt to kill Batman by killing young girls and their families in an 'order' which Batman had to figure out. Joker was working with the Riddler of this one. In fact, I think almost all the villains were working with the Joker at one point or another on this one. The only way he got a job was Belle Reve's new program that finds 'changed criminals' jobs.

The Joker was still at large, and he seemed to have taken a break from his killing spree as no one had died recently but we all still felt a little unsafe knowing the Joker was still loose. Most of the crime in Gotham was small recently, which I found to be a pleasant break, but also left an uneasy novacaine feeling that was bound to wear off.