Chapter 2: Kingly attitude

Chapter 2: Next stop Dapner City

King’s POV

15/03 [day before previous chapter]

The King’s patience was wearing, it baffled him, the imbecilic men sat that surrounded him, the very men that where accredited of association with the Curis Regis. The King watched on in disgust as they continued to act in the behaviour that was expected of middle and lower class labourers. The court was on discussion of combat formation, half of the long mahogany table where supporting the sacrifice of some of the youngest men and women in combat on the front line, the other half opposing. What started as a friendly debate was now a foul transference of insults.

The King was sitting at the head of the mahogany table his fingers lightly brushing against the surface repeatedly.

‘Enough!’ The King yelled, silence befell the room as the some of the nobles began to twitch in nervousness

‘Are you men?’ the King asked, nobody answered or moved.

‘ARE YOU MEN?’ The king repeated his bellowing voice sprouting sweat at the brow of his subjects. One of the Lords nodded their head, and soon nods of agreement passed through the whole room like a domino effect.

‘What is a man?’ The King asked calmly, his serpent like gaze piercing through the souls of his subjects; though eyebrows raised none did their arms

‘What is a man?’ The king repeated his voice still retaining its previous calmness.

‘What? You call yourself men but none can define the term?’ The king scoffed shaking his head in disappointment at his colleagues, he swivelled his chair turning his back towards his subjects.

‘A man …’ An arrogant voice began ‘is someone of honour and righteousness that will do anything for the land he calls home.’ The king identified the voice coming from one of the older lords that was supporting the decision to assign teenagers to posts on the front line.

‘Then are you … a man, Lord Frader?’ The King asked, his back still towards the men

‘I believe so’ Lord Frader said unsurely all arrogance disappearing from his previous confidence

‘Then why is it that you suggest that boys and girls as young as 16, unexperienced to take the front line? A war is a war but is it honourable and righteous to sacrifice the lives of the next generation?’

Lord Frader paused racking his mind for the most politically correct response; Lord Frader inhaled deeply and began to speak his confidence returning to his voice

‘Your majesty, a war is neither honourable nor righteous and every leader must make sacrifices and they will be trained thoroughly on the acts of combat ‘

‘If so then shall we say ... put your twin children Freida and Liana who are a few months shy of their 17th birthday on the front line since, they will be trained thoroughly on the acts of combat?’   The King asked

‘That is .. no-t wha-t-t I me-ant, you-r majesty’ The fearful Lord Frader stammered

Spinning his chair, his face now towards his subjects, the king stared blankly at Lord Frader

‘Wasn’t it? My mistake Lord Frader please forgives me for my … misunderstanding. I hear your wife and children are situated at Dapner capital’ The King asked

‘Yes your majesty, they live in the Dapner Capital’ the lord answered, though his stammer was gone, fear was still attached to his eyes

‘Interesting, it just so happens that we will be heading towards Dapner Capital for the first drafting of teenagers for the front line. Meeting adjourned.’

Tears brimmed at the eyes of Lord Frader as the king arouse from his seat his velvet red cape breezing in the air from his sudden movement. He rest of the political figures bowed their heads in respect of the rising King but lord Frader continued to stare  at his King,  mouth hung agape and silently with his eyes he begged for mercy. The King was also starring at Lord Frader, closed his eyes deliberately and when he reopened them there was a glowing emerald ring around his pupil, the Kings shining eyes never left the face of the frightened lord.

The Lord blinked repeatedly the ring never left the Kings eyes. Lord Frader searched around the room for any living soul that had noticed the unusual changing of the Kings eyes, Lord Frader noticed that whole room seemed to be hypnotized with their eyes fixated on their laps. When the Lord looked back at King the ring had disappeared and a smirk lay on the lips of his Kings. Rising the Lord quickly bowed and watched as the shiny black boots of the King turn and walk away from him, somewhere in Lord Frader’s subconscious he knew this would not be the last time that the King would turn his heal on his subjects.

W/N You may be a little confused, but it’ll make sense text chapter. VOMMENT

Just a worrining all chapters in Kings POV will be short