Chapter Twenty Nine

Hey everyone! I am SOOO sorry for this late update! Life has been busy! Most of you know that I got a teaching job and that has been the reason that I haven't update since last June! I spent the time between my last update and August getting settled into the apartment and getting ready for the school year. After the school year started, I had NO free time to do anything! Seriously, I got home after six most days and I was too exhausted to do much of anything but cook dinner and take a shower. I saw my boyfriend on Saturday and my parents and grandmother on Sundays every week. So, I was super busy. Over Winter break, I got obsessed with Doctor Who (seriously couldn't do anything but watch that show!) and spring break, I went on vacation and tried to catch up on my reading. I am proud to say that I survived my first year without hurting anything! Yay! Also happy to report that I will be teaching social studies next year! Double yay!

The school year ended on Friday (for the kids) and even though I have two days of post planning before it is officially over for me, I wanted to give you guys an update since you sincerely deserve it! I have the most AMAZING fans in the world! Seriously, I do. You guys put up with a whole year of no updates and I get NO ONE upset or yelling at me for it (except for one, but I took care of that). You guys are awesome and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to call my fans! :)

Song Choice: Stand My Ground by Within Temptation

I wasn't really thinking about my actions which was why I probably did what I did next.

I promptly got out of bed, stomped over to the door, ripped it open and stood toe to toe with the Vampire King himself.

"The fuck you'll do that."

He raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?"

"Jessica..." I could hear the warning in Tristan's voice, but I ignored him.

"I sure as hell am not going to allow you to sic that psychotic vampire on anyone; especially not Tristan."

Julian's other eyebrow joined the first one, "Really now?" he asked, "Now... how do you plan on stopping me, hmm?"

That question made me pause since I really had no plans other than to tell him how I didn't approve of his decision on how to deal with Christophe.

"Can't you just execute him?"

"Now, where would the entertainment be in doing just that?"

"You're sick."

"Jessica!" Tristan growled, "You can't –"

Julian cut him off, "It's alright, Tristan. I actually enjoy her feisty little attitude."

I just glared at him while he just smirked at me.

I was about to open my mouth to say something rude and smart to him (I hope), but a loud scream stopped me from uttering anything other than, "What the hell was that?'

Abigail suddenly came rushing around the corner, carrying what was probably a human body, but it was covered in so much blood it was hard to really tell at first glance. That was probably why I didn't actually recognize the body until Abigail was only a few feet in front of me.

"Mom?" I recognized my mother just as the intoxicating smell of blood reach my nostrils. Against my will, my very new fangs were out and I could only think about draining my own mother dry; I was also slowly moving towards her as well.

Tristan wrapped his arms around my midsection and pulled me flush against his chest. "No, Jessica. You have to control yourself."

"No." I growled, as I struggled to get out of his grip, but he had me beat by a few hundred years and my new vampire strength was nothing against his.