~Prologue~

Okay, so here's my new story. Please Vote comment or even fan, it would make my day if you like my story to just click that little button in the corner :) 

I have decided to add this story for this years Watty Awards so please please please Vote and you know the rest!! It's not much to ask, but please Enjoy! 

Prologue:

Sighing I repeatedly tapped my pen against the table matching it to the beat in my head, I spared a glance at the clock which hung freely on the wall in front of me....five minutes had passed since the last time I checked. I glanced down at my completed test, waiting patiently for everyone else to finish. Listening to the itchy sound of pen writing on paper, I picked up my own doodling on the piece of scrap paper that was lying on my desk.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat feeling as if the Grim reaper would suddenly appear and give me the death glare from moving. But nope, instead I’m greeted with his assistant.

“May I please have a word with Taylor Atkinson?” The principal’s voice rang out breaking the eerie silence.

Mr Rowans looked up from his paper and nodded “Yes Mam”

I scrambled to my feet and packed my things into my bag leaving my test on the desk, every pair of eyes glaring daggers into my back as I made my way across the classroom; mentally face palming myself for sitting the furthest away from the door.  She gave a small smile before turning on her heel and started walking down the corridor.

Taking a deep breath, I followed her out of the building and into the sprinkle of rain and marched across the school campus. Well she marched, I ran.

We finally made it over to another building leading up to her office, stepping in I noticed my mother occupied in one of the chairs, expecting my father to be there to but I knew he wouldn’t be. That would be impossible.

The principle –Mrs Hopkins- took the seat on the opposite side of her desk clearing her throat as I took the seat next to my mother, she looked remotely at me and turned away back to Mrs Hopkins. The silence was irritating so I smirked slightly “Am I in trouble Mam?”

“You have quite a calm but feisty personality Taylor” She replied “It’s good; it can get you far in life, but don’t overdo it”

“Sorry Mam, I’m confused, if I’m not in trouble then why am I here....and my mother?” I questioned, wanting her to get to the point.

My mother stayed silent, not sparing me a second glance.

“Taylor we are placing you in an advanced tier, you outrank number one in this school, but we cannot possibly grant you anything here to your standards” she finished looking me directly in the eye. If she was a Pokémon she would be Haunter I thought, she’s already mastered mean look! I suppressed the chuckle about to escape my lips.

My lips formed into a thin line, “Where?”

“In a small town called Huntsville a few hours from here”.

“What! I almost screamed.

“You haven’t got a choice Taylor” My mother snapped, shooting me death glares. If looks could kill I would probably be six-foot-under.

“”I-I...but...-“

She cut me off “You’ll be leaving tomorrow. As the semester has only just begun you’ll be taking the first years course, I have already spoken to the principle and their willing to accept your placement from you’re last year’s grades”  

I huffed, puffing out my cheeks “What’s the catch?”

“It’s early placement Taylor, You’ll be their youngest student. Take the opportunity whilst it’s open.”

“No” I snapped, pushing my chair back and leaving the two stunned women in the room, their eyes wide in shock.

I better introduce myself my name is Taylor May Atkinson, and I’m 16 years old. I used to be the cheery, energetic teenager that you could never get to shut up. Literally, believe it or not I was close to both my parents.  Though all that has changed. Last month my dad passed away in a tragic car accident leaving me and my mum: in which she blamed me for his death. It would take a miracle of fish being able to survive on land to have both of us in the same room together without ripping each other’s head off. And as you can tell, I’m quite intelligent – not bragging or anything.

I shook my head clearing my thought’s, feeling nausea filling my stomach as I left the school gates making my way to my boyfriend Garrets house -who was 17- which was only a few small blocks away. I picked up my pace hearing my feet slap the pavement. When I finally made it there I cut across the lawn and let myself in like I usually do, shutting the door softly. I stopped dead in my track.

I could hear moans and grunts coming from upstairs at first I thought that it might have been his parents and I really didn’t want to be in that awkward situation so I turned to leave. I put my hand on the door handle and pulled it open when I heard the soft cry and a small voice calling Garrets name.

Rage boiled in my veins and my blood boiled. I made my up the stairs and slammed Garrets door open. I did not expect to see what I did.

My best friend Lucy’s head was poking out from under Garrets chest, my words caught in my throat.

“What the Hell.” I spat, glaring at them, shock evidently clear on their faces as they scrambled around looking for their clothing.

Garrets moved finding his pants and pulling them up, “I swear I didn’t mean to babe...It didn’t mean anything” he cooed, like everything would go away to the way it was. He wishes Cheater boy!

He took a step closer, instantly I took a step back my heart beat racing, I pulled back my hand and slapped him, his head snapping to the left. I sucked in a breath not allowing that tear to escape before Whispering “It’s Over” I turned and fled, sprinting down the stairs and out into the fresh air. Looks like Garret just made my choice for me.

I made three promises to myself as I headed home.  

I       

             One: Change and a new start.

Never

            Two: I would never allow myself to fall in love again.

Wanted

            Three: Never shed a tear for a guy.

This.