Chapter 10 - Close Quarters

Derek heard the hunter's heart begin to race as remained frozen behind the wall. Argent and Allison were still downstairs but their voices continued to grow louder and stronger with each passing second.

"We need to hide," Brooklyn frantically began to devise a way to remain concealed from Argent. If he found them in his house it would be their end. Closets wouldn't work as they weren't deep enough to conceal two bodies. Under any beds were out of the question as it would be too obvious.

"Follow me," Brooklyn darted towards the guest room with Derek right behind her.

"What are you doing?" Derek kept watch for Argent.

"Hiding," Brooklyn waved her hand and motioned with her head for the werewolf to follow.

"Now you're sure you set the alarm when you came out?" Argent questioned his daughter.

"Yes, Dad," Allison groaned and rolled her eyes. "I never forget to do that."

Upon their return, both discovered the alarm had been disabled, something neither one ever forgot to do. With the arsenal of guns and bows locked in the garage, Argent had taken every precaution to ensure no one, especially certain hunters and werewolves, got their hands on them. The weapons had not been touched and remained where they were when father and daughter departed earlier that morning. Even the lock had been as it was before: Left at zero and hanging slightly to the right.

Has to be Ravenwood and Hale…..

Argent suspected they were still somewhere in the house. Nothing had been trashed or sifted through as they walked through the living room and kitchen.

She's looking for it…..

The older hunter head up the steps, taking two at a time then leaping to the landing with ease. He started on the left and checked each room, searching for anyone or anything that may have been out of place. His steel rimmed eyes darting around every space and corner, only to find nothing every time. His hunter's instincts told him they were there, hiding like two frightened animals. Yes, that's it they were two little petrified creatures. Argent went for his closet but nothing was disturbed though he knew better. If Brooklyn and Hale had been in here they were careful enough to cover their tracks.

Derek heard the footsteps as Brooklyn breathed light shallows breaths. His larger body was pressed down on hers as they hid in the bathtub in the guest bathroom. The hunter's heart was relaxing slightly as she looked upward into his sharp green depths. They were unreadable but then again this wasn't the time to try and figure out what was behind those beautiful green orbs.

"What?" She spoke beneath her breath. Derek said nothing but continued to look into her eyes. The weight of his body wasn't crushing Brooklyn in any way but rather was resting comfortably against her. She was surprised at how warm his skin was as it touched her exposed arms and hands. They were pressed nose to nose, with lips barely brushing against one another.

This is as close to a werewolf as I want to get!

She heard the door shut as Argent drew closer to the guest room. Both hoped Argent wouldn't yank back the curtain on the old fashioned four legged porcelain tub and find them there in such a compromising position. But then again it really wasn't such a bad thing. Derek could easily rip her throat out at this point without making a sound but yet there they were hunter and hunted, in rather tight quarters, hoping Argent wouldn't find them. Brooklyn dared to inhale deeper and caught wind of Derek's scent. It was a light but pleasant musky blend. Something that was easy on her senses but a scent that was committed to her memory.

Probably smells like dog when he shifts….

Derek felt awkward being in such an intimate position with anyone, let alone a hunter. He observed Brooklyn as she stayed perfectly still beneath him. The bottom of wide basin accommodated her body quite nicely. Her flowing copper tresses were restrained by a thin band behind her head. If the smooth hard surface was causing any discomfort she was hiding it well. Her eyes followed the quivering ripples beneath the tight grey cotton, wondering how much longer he could hold out until his body relented to exhaustion.