Days Of Grief

Austria ran into his home, slamming the door behind him. He was breathless. (It didn't help that he was currently wearing that damned corset.) He didn't know how long he ran, all he knew was he never stopped until he grabbed onto the door handle. The Austrian took a minute to compose himself before going fo find Elizabeta.

  It didn't take long, though, for there she was, in the kitchen. Hungary looked up from whatever she was doing, and a bright smile lit up her somber features. "Roderich. I was wondering where you'd gone." She said slightly chuckling. "Are you alright? You look exhausted."

"Yes, I'm fine....I guess..."

Hungary set down the large kitchen knife she held and walked over to Austria, planting a kiss on his lips. "What's wrong, Roderich...please tell me."

"It happened again," He sighed. "but stronger..I'm afraid I might cause a terrible storm."

Hungary shook her head slowly. "Oh my..Roderich, whatever that thing is causing you to do these things is NOT you."

"Yes it is! Don't you see!? I'm becoming a monster...." He looked away from the Hungarian's piercing gaze.

"No...Roderich please listen...you're just letting it consume you by thinking that."

Austria met her gaze again, but his eyes were once again those glowing red and violet colours. Hungary gasped.

"What's wrong, Elizabeta?"

"U-uhm...nothing, it's-it's nothing."

"Tell me...now..."

Hungary backed away from him, already knowing what might happen next. "I-I said it was nothing, Roderich."

The Austrian grabbed Hungary's wrist tightly, and pulled her back to him. "You will tell me! I own you, you're my maid and you follow my orders!"

"The hell I do!!" She punched Austria in the jaw with all of the strength she could muster. He chuckled and swivled his jaw. "You should not have done that, stupid girl." Austria gripped Hungary's throat tightly and grabbed the kitchen knife with the other. She screamed. "Please, Roderich! I know you're in there!! Don't do this, I'm begging you!" The Hungarian's eyes began to sting with tears.

Austria chuckled darkly, raising the newly sharpened blade to the woman's throat. "You really are stupid, aren't you? Roderich is GONE, and I have taken his place as your master. I have had enough of you and your mouth."

"Oh god, no! Gilbert!!! Ludwig!! Wherever you are, HELP ME!!"

Austria pressed the knife against her throat, and slowly slid it across her soft, tender flesh. Hungary screamed as blood streamed from her newly torn skin, spilling onto her dress and Austria's hand.

The Austrian let go, and let her body fall to the floor, life spilling out of her in the blood that pooled around her.

As soon as her body hit the cold, unforgiving floor, his eyes went their normal colours. He looked down at his feet and panicked, dropping to his knees and pulling Hungary against him. "No..no no no no!! What have I done!?!?" He screamed, hot tears streaming from his eyes.

Hungary's eyes fluttered open, and she weakly smiled at her beloved Austrian. "Roderich," she whispered. "Please don't cry...it's okay. I forgive you. And I will love you always."

"B-but I did this to you. I killed the one I love most!"

"Shhh. It's alright. I'll be fine...I love you so much, Roderich...not even death can keep me from you...ever.." And with that, her eyes closed. Never to open again. Hungary died within seconds in Austria's arms.

Austria yelled out in grief for his lost love. He was never again to hold her in his arms. Or kiss her honey-sweet lips. He could never start the family he's always wanted with her. And it was all his fault.

No one knew Austria killed Hungary. Prussia, Germany, Austria, even Italy grieved for the loss of the kind woman they knew all their life. Austria locked himself up in his room, now afraid of what he could do to others. The three men oft attempted to coax him to come out. That locking himself up would help nothing, but he just ignored them. He believed he would never stop grieving for Hungary, for she was the only one he has ever loved, and ever will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Author's Note:

Yea, sorry if I just brutally murdered your feels. Once again, credit to @LenaLovegood000. She pretty much came up with the concept of England's hex on Austria. She also has an amazing fanfic for Austria x Hungary shippers! Go check it out, bros!! Maybe there will be an extended ending to this! Don't forget to comment and vote! Bye bye, loves~ ^3^ (requests for short stories are still open, I need something to do over the summer! And when I say, "No lemons", I effing mean it!!!!!!)