9• Stellar Genetics

When I fell back into reality everything was different

When I fell back into reality everything was different. It came in fragments, in waves of clarity. First there'd been the darkness that faded into the negative light. The negative light faded into reality until I could once again see the bedroom I'd been in before I was lost in Cosmia.

Cosmia.

The name makes my eyes flutter close in pleasurable content. Cosmia was the make believe world within my mind. I could even go as far as saying I was obsessed with it. I painted it like an addiction, wanting, needing to get it out of my head and onto a real surface, just so I could touch it.

Cosmia was a magical wonderland I could escape to when my dreary concrete cage became to much to bear. I don't know when it first appeared. I don't even know if I created it. It's just always been there, my comfort in times of absolute misery.

I look around to take in the scenery that definitely changed while I was gone. No longer was it just Luke and Gabriel in here. They all stood around me, eyes wide and transfixed on something in front of them. Sean held me in his arms as we both sat on the ground.

I look to where they are and gasp when I see what has their attention. Sean squeezes me tighter," Don't panic. It's okay."
Silly Sean. I'm not scared.

I giggle in glee and wiggle from his arms to crawl towards the Lycorn and Knomepyre standing right in front of me. This was a dream come true! They've never been real before. Only in my mind and with the paint I dab on the walls do they exist.

I stand as the Lycorn turns to face me. The boys gasp and take a step towards me. Their hands are reaching for me, their mouths open to warn me. The Lycorn bows his head to me with one paw curled to his furry chest before he eases forward to bump his forehead to mine.

I smile brightly and bury my hands in his fur around his ears and nuzzle my nose to his snout. A  canine purr rumbles from deep within him.