So It Has Begun - 9

Artemis's POV. On the side of the lake.Hunters Camp.

After the voice in my head said the conditions,I began thinking of what I will gain.After curiosity ate me alive,I decided on what to do.
"Fine,I agree to those terms"

Swear it on the River Styx

"I swear on the River Styx"
Of course,dad's lightning was there to seal the oath. Why lightning though? I asked myself,but as usual I will never know.

Turning my attention to the human I swore to care for,I noticed that they weren't in the spot they were it.Maybe the lightning scared them.
I sat on my chair,enjoying the sight of my brother's chariot in my dad's territory.

Just as I was about to shut my eyes,the figure was next to me.As soon as I noticed who it was,I jumped from my chair the second time."Sorry" The boy from all those years ago said."It's okay,just tell me whats your name"I said calmly.I knew the answer but I needed to make sure.He looked disappointed but still obeyed "My name was Hyde with my demigod parent but Perseus Jackson is written on my birth certificate.I think"He mumbled looking away."Okay,so what should I call you?" "Boy" "Excuse me?" "You can call me boy,isn't that what you prefer to call our species?" 

Okay,so he is afraid of me.Perfect."I need to show you around so that you won't end up in someone's mystery meat so try and keep up"Just before I got to enter our camp sight,he put on a long black wig and magically transformed his current clothes into a blue dress with some dark blue sneakers and tied the wig hair into a high ponytail.If I didn't see him change,I would of believed he was a girl.He had a girly face and innocent eyes to do that."Um..can we go now?Oh and lady Artemis?Can you please call me Aster while I'm wearing this disguise"he said gently"Why did you..." "So that the hunters won't begin hating me right of the bat" "Your words are true now lets go" as we were walking around I explained everything to him,including how the hunters work,the rules,eating times,where the bathroom is,what to do,where to stay.You know,the basics. "Zeus uses lighting carelessly so try not to swear on the River Styx a lot" I said trying to help "Do you know why though?If you want,I can tell you.It's not classified" I slowly turned to the new hunter curiosity obvious in my eyes.The hunter took it as a sign to continue "The lightning is there to seal the deal between Hades and Lady Styx.The lightning is Zeus's way of giving Hades permission to send out one of his...helpers if you want to call them that.The helper would follow the person who swore an oath until they break the oath or die.If the person broke the oath,the helper watching the man or woman would sing a high pitched melody only detectable by Hades and Lady Styx.Hades would then pick up the lightning bolt Zeus threw at him and throw it at the source of the melody,where the oath-breaker is, and open a portal to the underworld allowing Lady Styx to torture the oath-breaker and pull them down to where he or she will be tortured. " "With that lovely though welcome to the Hunt"I said trying to push aside the subject.

Aster's POV (Percy's if your confused)

"SISTERS GATHER AT THE DINNING TABLE AND PREPARE OUR FEAST.LADY ARTEMIS HAS CAME BACK AND SHE WILL BE PLEASED WITH OUR WORK" a girl yelled through a megaphone by us."Don't worry Aster you'll be fine here"Lady Artemis said to me trying to be supportive.I didn't need it though,she did. "Don't worry my Lady I will be fine."I replied.She dragged me to the small dinning tent and opened a trap door.She told me to go first and that she will be right behind me.I walked down further into the hole noticing that it got brighter and brighter.Until....We were in a big room.In that big room was a dining table as long as I can see.Girls were running out of a pair of double doors beside the entrance carrying plates,forks and knifes,spoons and cups,bowls and last but not least,the food.The food consisted of the most delicious deliciousness you can possibly eat for lunch.I peeked at the doors that were flapped open every few seconds as the girls ran in an out continuing their jobs,getting glimpse of girls cooking on large stoves every now and then.I stared at Artemis with some confusion hopping she would tell me what to do.Instead she simply looked at me and laughed,oddly,not getting any glances or looks directed her way,as the hunters were too busy rushing around to notice.

Soon we were all sat at the long dining table.Yep,all 43.5 of us.I'm the 0.5 if your asking as I'm not announced as an official hunter yet.It felt awkward being the only boy in a room filled with girls.The girls kept staring at me,or my food.I didn't have much on my plate.Just a few vegetables and chicken.They probably though I was anorexic or something since they kept telling me to eat more even though I told them I was full.Some of the girls had anorexia before becoming hunters.

After the food,Artemis told me to go get a nap although I wanted to play around and meet the other hunters.She didn't tire herself and put me to sleep with her moonlight magic.

FINALY the new chapter is up I have been working on it since forever.I hope you enjoy,and please,do NOT comment if you word are going to be UPDAAAATE.I hate it and so do authors.