bacon

Liz woke up groggily. As she made sense of her surroundings, she realized that they had fallen asleep watching TV.

She smiled slightly and furtively attempted to wake him up as she ran her hand through his hair. "Jim, wake up."

He groaned and turned away, muttering something under his breath. Liz continued her attempts, and he eventually gave in and woke up.

"Good morning, sunshine," She said as she climbed on top of him.

He smiled and looked up at her. His hands led themselves to her waist. "Good morning," He said as he sat up, so that they were facing each other.

He must have come a bit too close because she backed away slightly, almost defensively, but then moved back to her original position when she realized that she had nothing to be defensive about.

Jim found himself leaning in and catching her lips between his before she could get up from his lap. She seemed surprised at first, but she didn't stop him. With her left hand she ran her fingers through his hair, while her right hand rested on his cheek. His own hands caressed her upper-back.

Liz's heart was beating so fast that she thought it might explode. She soon realized that that was a ridiculous notion. Her heartbeat slowed by the time they pulled away from each other, and her cheeks were flushed. She noticed that Jim's ears were slightly red as well.

She kissed the tip of his nose and smiled before she stood up and stretched. "Do you want to go out for breakfast again?"

He looked up at her and smiled. "I could make breakfast, if you want."

"Are you any good at cooking?" She asked.

He nodded. "I've been complemented on my skills several times," He replied as he stood up.

"Then you can make me all of the bacon in the world," She said as if it was the best privilege ever.

He laughed and walked to the kitchen, with her following closely behind. "Liz, I might not have bacon."

"Then I will graciously leave," She said.

He laughed. "Yep. You are definitely a comedy writer." He smiled to himself as he started to take out the cooking supplies and food.

She sat down at the table. "I wasn't joking," She said, although she obviously was.

He looked in the fridge. "Look at that. I do have bacon." He smirked at her.

She grinned. "So, what can I do while you cook?"

"Watch." He laughed.

"Jim, I don't have the patience for that."

"You can take a shower if you need to," He said. "The shower is upstairs, in my room."

"I don't have clothes," She responded.

"Who said you needed any?" He joked. "You can wear one of my shirts or something. Worst case scenario, you wear what you wore yesterday."

"That would just be the worst for me, Liz Lemon, who is very into fashion and such." She nodded.

"I'm sure." He smiled.

Liz left the kitchen and walked upstairs, into his room. She suddenly felt as if she was trespassing, but she continued to the bathroom. Both his room and his bathroom were cleaner than she expected them to be. She had a bit of a stereotype for guys and cleanliness for whatever reason.

Once she was in the bathroom, she shut the door and locked it behind her. She looked around, then turned on the water.

Fifteen minutes later, she stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself. She then stepped into his room and walked to his closet to find a shirt of his that she could wear. She settled on a sweatshirt that happened to be way too big on her, so she didn't have to wear pants.

When she returned to the kitchen, bacon was all she could smell. Jim set their plates on the table and looked at her as he sat down.

"Hey legs." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes as she sat across from him. "Hey, hair," She replied, referring to his slightly messed up hair.

"Touché," He said as he started eating.

Liz looked down at her plate. There was a piece of toast, scrambled eggs, and an assload of bacon. She picked up a piece of bacon and took a bite. "Can we speak normally for this meal, or do we have to pass notes to each other?"

"We actually have to use morse code," He replied as he took a bite of his toast.

"Okay, I propose a challenge: we have to try to communicate in any way shape or form besides talking through this entire meal," She said.

"Okay. Starting...now." He grinned and took some of her bacon.

She frowned and lightly kicked him under the table. Obviously a very mature way of communicating. He laughed slightly and got up from the table and left the room. He returned with a pen and napkins. He wrote on one and handed it to Liz.

It read: "Ow."

She laughed and took the pen. She wrote: "Sorry, but you learned a lesson, didn't you?"

He read it, then wrote: "Yeah. Don't take your bacon." He handed it back to her.

She read it and smirked as she wrote: "Good job."

He looked at her for a few seconds, and she couldn't exactly read his expression, but he wrote: "You look really nice."

She smiled when she read the note and mouthed, "Thank you" to him, which made him smiled. They didn't write anymore notes after that, but they felt obliged to beat the challenge, so she reached across the table and placed her hand on top of his, and that's how they sat for the rest of breakfast.