chapter 9: My mission

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I started heading towards my dorm,  it's time that I face Ramona. I had a determined expression plastered on my face as I marched towards the girls dorms.

I violently pushed open the door to my room and set my eyes on Ramona who was unpacking her stuff "back from your little tantrum?" she hummed "cut the crap" I snarled "look, I know you're not fond of me and I'm not fond of you either but there's no need to be so rude~" she chimed.

I walked towards her and stopped right in front of her "listen here missy, you can do whatever the hell you want with me but you stay away from my friends" I spat at her, my voice laced with venom. Ramona sent me a dazzling smile "what ever do you mean?" she asked tilting her head "if you mess with my friends I swear to god I will rip your head right from your neck" I hissed.

Ramona walked across the room and towards her closet "I'm just trying to fit in" she said "well you're doing it the wrong way" I replied lowering my voice "you have no idea what I've been through so why should I have to listen to you!" she snapped.

"Because I've gone through terrible things as well!" I yelled back "oh really did you have to watch the people you loved most die in front of you?!" she retorted "YES!" I yelled "everyone I have ever loved gets taken away, but I refuse to let that happen again! You will not take them even if I die trying to stop you. It is...my mission" I hissed, my stone cold glare focused on her.

"Fine" the female huffed "I promise I won't murder you in your sleep, if you don't murder me in my sleep" she offered "deal" I shook her hand with a firm grip "but this does not mean that I won't try to murder you when you're awake" I warned.

*Ramona's P.O.V*

Strange girl, she has a different scent from anyone else in this school that I've met. There is one smell though a scent she has belongs to a certain boy, a certain type of blood.

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I walked towards the hall and closed my eyes to try and rid myself of the murderous intentions, I bumped into something firm and soft I looked up to see one person I was hoping not to run into "zero" I greeted coldly.

"(Y/N)" he greeted back "you came back from your dorm? Did you see Ramona?" he asked glancing over my shoulder "yes we've found a compromise, as long as I don't murder her in her sleep she won't murder me in mine" I explained.

"She wouldn't of murder you in your sleep anyway" he sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets "well ask her, she was the one who suggested it" I shrugged, stepping around him not wanting to argue with anyone at the moment.

I sighed and continued walking down the hall rubbing my temples to ease the pain in my forehead "oh (Y/N), the headmaster wants to see you" one of the girls told me "thanks" I mumbled, walking towards his office.

I knocked on his door and entered, I expected him to be happy and goofy like he normally is "oh (Y/N) hi, I wanted to see you to talk about Ramona" he said sitting up straighter.

"The reason I brought her here other than for her blood is because, she had been terrorising towns and killing innocent people as the rumours go. So someone asked me to keep an eye on her. They wanted to know if the rumours were true. And so far you have been the only one who has been able to tell that she is dangerous so congratulations for that. I need to keep her in check,I need you to expose her for who she really is because that might be the only way we can stop her from killing anyone in this school, or anyone ever again".

"I see...how would exposing her stop her?" I asked "well, the people like Zero would snap out of their love-struck trance and be able to stop her because if you were to do it alone you would probably die or at least get severe injuries" the headmaster explained further.

I nodded in understanding and agreement "I shall do it, this is my mission" and with that I walked out of his office, closing the door behind me.

My serious look turned into one of determination I wish I could share this with someone but by the look on the headmaster's face I knew this was confidential. I continued to walk forward and eventually made my way to my favourite spot, the fountain. I dipped my hand in the water and played with it and content smile on my face until- "HELP!!!".

I heard someone scream, immediately I tried to sense where it was coming from but it was no use I couldn't feel it. Their presence had disappeared.  Were they even there in the first place? Was this all an illusion? I looked around frantically listening, looking, smelling for any indication that this person existed or at least isn't dead "HELP!!!".

With that I sprinted off into the direction of the voice "I'm coming....hold on" I chanted these words over and over until I reached the person. A student. I ran over "are you ok?" I asked kneeling to get a better look at them.

I stared at their eyes which were quickly fading, a lifeless glaze shining over the top. I  picked the student up with no hesitation and ran for the nearest building until the smell of blood hit my nose, my eyes turned red and I was having an internal battle with myself "not now this person needs help!" I yelled to myself through clenched teeth.

I looked down to see large gashes all over the student's body, looks like it was made from a bear or...wolf. I ran even faster to the nurses office and gently laid them down on the bed. The nurse immediately got to work, I left the room in a hurry  and ran towards the end of the hall.

I slid down the wall and tried to wipe the blood from my hands "get off....get off....get off....GET OFF!!!" I yelled before the hunger could take over.

Apparently my yelling caught some attention because Yuki and Zero  came running down the halls towards me "(Y/N)! you're covered in blood what's wrong?" Yuki asked "a student...was attacked by...a...a...monster. I  didn't see it but...the gashes were...proof enough" I said in between pants.

"Yuki...please check on the student" I ordered, she hesitated but nodded and ran towards the nurses office "(Y/N)..." Zero said as his eyes also flashed red "I can't...control...any longer" I whined and pounced on Zero pinning him to the floor. His red eyes returned to their lilac colour "(Y/N)...do what you must".

  The male to the side so I would get better access, revealing soft, pale flesh. My eye colour completely vanished among the red and my fangs grew out, I leaned forward and trailed my tongue up Zero's neck hesitating slightly as my human side was fighting back, slowly my fangs sunk into the flesh.

He grunted in pain but soon stopped all sounds and allowed me to drink. A couple of minutes had passed and I still hadn't let up "(Y/N) I'm back the student's going to be fine, just some blood loss is all hey are you the-" Yuki cut herself off as she saw me leaning away from Zero to look at her with red eyes and blood stained lips. I picked myself off of Zero and groggily walked towards Yuki "y-you smell...delicious" I purred getting closer and closer to her "(Y-Y/N) stop!" she yelled.

Zero wasn't going to help because he already fainted from blood loss. I threw my head back, letting out an ear shattering scream "Y-yuki...go...I don't know how long I can hold it off" I groaned in pain and panted as I sent Yuki a glare demanding her to go she ran off and I did the only thing I could think of at the time, the only thing I could do for the little amount of control I had.

.

.

.

.

I threw myself out the window