Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning, I stretched back yawning. What a day that was yesterday... I thought, today Max and I were going to look into this Spirit Healer thing and figure things out completely. I pulled on a long sleeved white and red stripped shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

I went down stairs feeling rejuvenated. I quietly tiptoed into the living room, Max laid on the couch, still sleeping, with his black messy hair plastered to his face. Max... This will teach you for sleeping in past ten... I shouted and jumped onto the couch. Max rolled off the couch and onto his back.

"Ariana you freaking jack ass!" He cussed. I laughed then pinned him down digging my knees into his legs.

"I know!" I squealed. He looked super pissed. I couldn't stop laughing.

"I will get you back Airie. May God be with you when that happens." He grinned. It was his grin for, I have an evil plan now thanks to you. I will swear my revenge! Just then he shifted his body weight to one side and threw me off. He quickly had me pinned.

"You have succeeded in your revenge. now, GET OFF!" I yelled still uncontrolably laughing. He smiled and let sit up on my elbows. Max leaned toward me with his bangs touching my forehead. Oh God he is going to kiss me... I felt woozy and uncomfortable all at the same time but then, his lips pressed up against mine. Just for a couple of seconds, just a kiss, a kiss that sent my nerves tingling. Then I found myself wanting to kiss him again.

He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back at him. He got up without speaking and went to the washroom to get dressed. I left the living room and went into the kitchen where Nana was flipping pancakes.

"So you and Max are finally together?" She said. I was startled, my ears went hot and I begun to stammer, "It's-it's n-n-nothing serious or anything."

"That looked pretty serious to me." Mum's voice rippled into the conversation.

"Hmmm..." Nana sighed, flipping the pancakes onto a plate,"should I make it heart shaped?" She asked pouring more pancake mix into the frying pan.

"N-no-no!" I left the kitchen before she could say anything else.

I sat down at the dinning table that was already set with pancake toppings, fruit, whipped cream, and maple syrup the best thing about being Canadian. Dad's heavy footsteps clammered down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Max and Ariana are now a couple!" I groaned and hid my face in my arms as he came into the dinning room. My Dad laughed as it was were no surprise. I smiled into my arms. Dad patted me on my back making me look up. " 'Bout time Ariana." He whispered then sat down.

"Maxwell! If you don't hurry up we're going to eat all the pancakes!" Nana shouted.

"He probaly passed out in the bathroom, he was still pretty tired." I teased. I then heard his footsteps running down the hall. He skidded to a stop at the dinning room and ran to the table nailing a seat next to me... Half dressed, he still had his red track pants on but a nice Abbey road Beatles Tee. "I'm here! Where's the pancakes?" He shouted, breathing heavily from his sprint to the dinning room.

"Here they are, dig in!" Nana said placing two plates stocked full of pancakes in the middle of the table

After breakfest, Max had fully dressed, complementing his shirt with a nice pair of dark blue jeans. He also put on a very nice black jacket. I whistled for Zelda, then grabbed my light blue jean jacket. She came bounding from upstairs and skidded to a stop by the front door.

"Is it alright if we go to the liabrary!?" I shouted asking Dad.

"Yeah! But you must take Zelda with you!"

"Way ahead of you Dad!"

I opened the door and we left, walking down the driveway onto the sidewalk. Max slipped his hand in mine. I held onto it tightly and smiled.

"We are going to figure this out Airie I swear..." He sighed.

"I know... And we will find the Halfblood who killed my mother and I'll kill it..."

"I know you will. We both will. But we need to know more about our past...."