Chapter 8 | Katniss Mellark.

Peetas POV

Finally the time has arrived.

My gorgeous Katniss stands opposite me in the meadow where we grew up and now are getting married.

Katniss is asked to read her promise so does she, "dear peeta, I know that my vow will not be as good as yours but that fortunately has nothing to do with my love for you. Our life was not easy. It was unpleasant, sad, difficult and terrible. But I promise to you to make sure that you will forget the hard times. I promise you that I will never leave you. I promise you that I'll always love you. longer than I will live. longer than ever. I promise I will take care of you, I promise you I'm happy if you are. I promise you that I will be sad when you are and I promise you that I will be woman where you can rely on, can believe in and who will fulfill her promises. I love you. peeta. forever and always. "

Tears rolling down my cheeks and on those of Katniss. Gently I dry my cheeks and Katniss'.

"Okay," I cough and grab my paper. "My dear Katniss. Since my 5th I love you and I won't stop loving you. I will do everything to keep you safe. You mean so much to me that I would not know what I'd do without you. Therefor I promise I will love you forever. Take care of you in sick and in health and I promise that I'll be there for you when you need me. I love you so much Katniss. Forever and always."

I dry Katniss her cheeks when I notice that she's crying. I give her a quick hug and then look at the man who's marring us.

"Katniss Everdeen, do you take Peeta Mellark as your husband and promise that you will hold on to the words you just said?"

"Yes," Katniss says en smile at me.

"Peeta Mellark, do you take Katniss Everdeen as you wife and promise that you will hold on to the-" the man says but I cut him off.

"Yes!" I almost shout en smile happily.

"Well," the man chuckles. "I pronounce you from now on, husband and wife! You may kiss your bride!"

I kiss Katniss on her sweet and soft lips for about a minute and the only thing I can think about is that I'm finally married to the woman of my life;

Katniss Mellark.

---

Sorry! I know it's short but it's 23:25 pm in the Netherlands and I'm very very tired and getting a little sick. Just a little, don't worry.

I promise that this is (I think) the last time there's so long time no update on this book!

I love you guys!

Oh and please tell me if there are some typos on this book / chapters. I'm just a 13 years old Dutch girl, who wants to speak fluent English.

💎✨💕👌😘