Chapter Seven; Bad Snake!

Wow, thank you for all the reads already! Lol. I am not going to wait so long to post the next few chapters, seeing as I haven’t posted in a really long time and I think you all deserve a few chapters pretty much back to back. :P

So, I hope you continue to enjoy!! ^^

There is still a lot more to come after this and many things I have planned. <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix screamed as she ran through the house, laughing as snakes chased after her. Looking behind her, she saw they were getting closer and screamed again, running faster. She didn’t have much problem with snakes, but it just creeped her out that Orochimaru could look through their eyes and up the skirt she decided to wear today.

“Stop it, Orochimaru, or I’ll cut your little snakes to pieces!” She yelled, jumping onto a table to get away from the little things. Kabuto just shook his head as he went back to work on whatever he was working on. He thought it was ridiculous that Orochimaru kept terrorizing Phoenix the way he did. Still, he did not say anything against it, knowing what would happen if he did.

Orochimaru laughed and called his snakes back as Phoenix shivered and jumped down from the table. “Skittish, are we?” He asked, walking over toward Phoenix. She frowned and crossed her arms over her chest as she stared at her captor.

“Not in the least, snake boy. I just don’t like the fact you can see through their eyes.” Phoenix replied before placing a hand on her stomach as it growled. Despite herself, she blushed a little in embarrassment. Frowning again, she looked between the both of them and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Do you all have food other than instant noodles?” She asked and they both shook their heads, looking at her now. Rolling her eyes, she shook her head as well and sighed. Men. “Well, someone go get a few different meats, some vegetables, and potatoes or rice. Instant noodles are not much used to me in the kitchen.” She said and just watched as both of them stood there, dumbfounded. “Now!” She boomed, making them both scurry off to search for food.

It was funny how they both obeyed her, even though she was their captor. There must be something about her they found scary, according to the way they acted. Kabuto was understandable, seeing as he was more of a medic and not a fighter, but Orochimaru seemed like he could put up a fight. Their behavior toward her struck her in an odd way, as if there was something they knew about her that she didn’t know.

Brushing it off, she shook her head and let out a sigh as she waited for the two to return with the food for their dinner. As she waited, she cleaned up what she could, seeing as it was all she could do to keep busy. There was nothing to do here with the others since they were always working on something or trying to look up her dress.

Meanwhile, with the search party…

Shikamaru let out a frustrated sigh as they set up camp and looked around at everyone. They all seemed so calm on the surface, but he knew deep down inside, they were frazzled, just like him. Sitting down in front of the fire, he stared into it, wondering where Phoenix was and what she was doing. If she was injured when they found her, he would not forgive whoever took her and would do anything and everything in his power to hurt them like they hurt her.

Ino sat next to Shikamaru, looking at his tense face, wondering what exactly was running through his mind. But, like Phoenix, they never really spoke about it unless they felt like it and today was no different. “It will be ok, Shikamaru. She is fine, I just know it.” Ino said, smiling some as she rubbed his back to try and comfort him.

Kakashi and Guy watched as the children set up their tents and tried to reassure each other that everything was ok. They seemed to really care for Phoenix, as did the two sensei’s. They had to stop for the night, seeing as they had to give the children a rest so they weren’t running on fumes by the time they found Phoenix. Plus, there were plenty of look outs around the camp, waiting for any trouble to arrive.

There was nothing more they could do, so everyone called it a night so they weren’t at each other’s throats by morning. Maybe they would get some useful information by morning.

Back with Phoenix…

Phoenix sighed as she sat down on her bed after cleaning up the dinner she made for herself and her two captors. They really weren’t so bad, but there was something off about them she didn’t exactly like and it was more than just the fact Orochimaru creeped her out. Brushing it off for now, she slipped under her covers and curled up, soon drifting off into a deep sleep.

Phoenix laid down now on the same blanket in the snow covered field surrounded by cherry blossoms. Blinking, she looked around and saw Shikamaru asleep next to her. Sitting up, she shook him lightly before stroking his hair back out of his eyes. “Shiki, it’s time to wake up.” She whispered, smiling softly. The others eyes fluttered opened and locked with hers almost instantly. Smiling softly, he reached up and placed a hand on her cheek, stroking it lightly.

“You look so beautiful with white hair…” He said softly before sitting up. Smiling some, Phoenix looked down as her now white hair ruffled slightly in the breeze. Looking at him again, she leaned forward and kissed his cheek lightly before tapping his nose. “You are looking for me, aren’t you?” She asked lightly before tucking some of the others free flowing hair behind his ear. Shikamaru nodded, looking into Phoenix’s eyes.

“There is a big search party looking for you, but we don’t know who took you or where they are.” He said, a sad look in his eyes. Phoenix frowned some, wondering who would be looking for her and how long she had really been gone. It didn’t feel long, but then again, she couldn’t tell the time of day sometimes. She took a lot of naps now that she couldn’t train with her team.

“I’m with someone called Orochimaru. It isn’t so bad here, but I miss you guys so much, especially you, Shiki…” She said, hugging the other and resting her head on his shoulder. “They creep me out sometimes and it is so lonely when they go… I miss training with everyone and I just want to go back home.” Her voice was quiet as she sat there, resting in Shikamaru’s arms. She loved the feelings it gave her when she was like this and it only made her smile more.

Shikamaru nodded and lifted Phoenix’s head so he could look into her eyes. “You are never alone, Phoenix.” He said gently, smiling some as he leaned forward a little. “I will always be here when you need me the most, don’t ever forget that.” He added and with that, he leaned forward and kissed Phoenix lightly on the lips, getting a smile from her as she kissed him back. They sat like that for some time, not wanting to move or speak.

It was clear how much they loved each other already, so they never really had to voice their feelings toward each other. Even so, they always knew what to say to each other when the time was right, so they never had to worry. If only they could hold each other again for real, then maybe they wouldn’t feel so empty and not themselves.

Waking up in a happy mood now and very energized, Phoenix got up and quickly put on some training clothes before heading down stairs. Humming softly, she walks to the little training area they had and started to train hard. She hadn’t been able to train in such a long time that she needed to pick up her game. She felt the other two watching her, but she didn’t seem to care as she continued to train. She was going to get out of here and see the others again, she just had to.

There was no way the others would keep her captive like this for much longer. She would find a way out and find her way back home to the others if it was the last thing she did. She missed Shikamaru and the others and missed her home. Yeah, Guy was annoying, but she still cared for him all the same.

With the search party…

Shikamaru jumped out of bed and quickly rushed over to Kakashi, who was up early as always. “Kakashi-sensei, I know who has Phoenix! Please do not ask how I know, I just do. It is Orochimaru.” He said quickly, not wanting his teacher to interrupt him. Kakashi and Naruto were the only ones that were relatively outside of the little group, but they were still friends with Phoenix none the less. Shikamaru always admired Phoenix’s ability to make friends with everyone.

Kakashi blinked his good eye as he looked up from his book before frowning. That was not a good thing to hear and he did not question the other. Telling everyone to pack everything up, they headed out very soon after. Of course they ate first to gather their strength for the day, but they moved quickly, knowing where to go now and whom to look for.

After quite some time, they came near a house deep within the woods, surrounding it easily. Searching for all the traps and what not, they took them out with ease before heading toward the entrance to the house. Entering it cautiously, they looked around, hoping this was the right house and that Phoenix was here. As they walked further in, they heard a very beautiful voice fill the air, which caught their attention immediately.

Blinking some, they walked in until they was a female with snow white hair sitting on the railing of the upstairs balcony, brushing her fingers through her hair. Stepping forward, Shikamaru frowned some, moving closer to her. “Phoenix?” He called out, making the female turn blood red eyes on to them. She was still singing as she smiled softly and waved at everyone before turning to her original position while brushing her hair.

Everyone just stood there, staring at her, wondering what to do now. Then, all of a sudden, she jumped down and turned, facing the others, her eyes glowing brightly. Walking toward the others, she stopped in front of Naruto, sniffing the air around him. “I can smell the fox in you, boy.” She said, her voice different now. Smiling, she looked into his eyes. “You hide it almost so well, but the markings give it away.” She added, brushing her fingertips over his whiskers.

Then, she was far away from then in the blink of an eye. “Don’t try and save little Phoenix, she is mine now. And Orochimaru’s.” She purred before disappearing, leaving everyone just staring at the area Phoenix was just in, confused beyond recognition. What the hell just happened and where was Phoenix now?

Back with Phoenix…

Sighing, Phoenix sat down on a branch, leaning against the trunk as she frowned, looking up at Kabuto. “What do you want?” She asked, running her fingers through her snow white hair, blinking her still crimson eyes. Kabuto shrugged some and smiled as he sat down in front of her.

“You did good, wolf. I didn’t expect you to be easily risen like this.” He said, pushing his glasses up on to his nose. Phoenix just rolled her eyes, shaking her head some as she sighed a bit and looked off into the distance, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I do what I must to protect Phoenix, boy. Remember that. And next time you want to call me out, just ask nicely instead of almost killing Phoenix.” She said, looking at Kabuto again. Snow did not like having to come to her mistress’s help because someone is trying to kill her for no reason what so ever. Snow was a much different wolf demon and she loved her mistress more than she showed. Sure, it was a pain staying in a body, but it helped her out a lot of the time.

Without a body, she couldn’t show her true form, seeing as she was just a spirit and had no body. And she was sure she confused the others, but she did what she had to for Phoenix. Still, the look on Shikamaru’s face still hurt her chest, even now. Both of them cared for that boy deeply and did not want to lose him. He was the first one to ever really accept them for who they were. Phoenix would never hurt them, Snow knew that, but Snow would if they ever did any harm to her.

Maybe one day things would be different for the two of them and they would be put on high regards in the Leaf Village. Who knew? They could one day become a very important ninja for that village, along with a protector of it.

Back with the search party…

Shikamaru slumped against a tree as everyone else set up camp. He thought for sure they had rescued her, but it was clear that she didn’t want to be rescued. Maybe it was a mistake for them to come out here on such a silly mission. Still, his heart wouldn’t let him back down. He had to find Phoenix again, and fast. As they took the next day off, Kakashi and Guy had them all training and sparing so they would be ready for the exams coming up really soon.

Once everyone was to bed, Shikamaru stayed up and just stared up at the stars, wondering if Phoenix would ever come back to them. He hoped so because he didn’t know how he could ever forget her if she didn’t come back. Brushing those thoughts away, he went to bed and hoped tomorrow would be a better day for them. Hopefully Phoenix came to and realized what a bad idea it was to be with Orochimaru like she was now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen next? Will Phoenix come to or will she succumb to Orochimaru’s evil ways? Read on to find out!!

Next chapter is being worked on now, so I hope you enjoyed this one!! Stay tuned for some more juicy action. Lol.

Leave comments and what not!! :P I am going to be putting a few more chapters up in the next few days, then its goal setting time!! xD