Chapter 8: Freedom's Cost

-*A/N*-

Hey guys! Time for chapter 8. Honestly, I have no plan for this chapter so I'm just going to go with the flow. Anyways, enjoy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Act Two; Retrieval

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"You've gotta be kidding me," Leaf frowned. No matter how hard she turned the handle, it was obvious that the door was locked. Leaf heard a chuckle from behind her that sprouted into an almost devilish laugh. 

"Lucky for us, I know where his spare key is," Gary said mischievously as he tossed a key up into the air before snatching it back into his hand. "Step aside Leafy, the master is at work," Gary joked as he brushed past Leaf and slipped the key into the lock. After fiddling with it, the door finally gave way. "I believe I deserve a prize for my quick wits," Gary teased. Leaf frowned before kicking him in the shin.

"Ow! What the heck Leaf?" Gary exclaimed, nursing his leg.

"Alright Casanova, are we going in or not? We got a cabbage head to find," Leaf said as she walked inside. Gary grumbled but trailed after her and shut the door.

"Drew! Drew! I swear, get in here," Gary crossed his arms. He noticed how leaf was paying very close attention to a piece of paper on the counter in the kitchen. 

"You're not cheating on me for a piece of paper are you?" Gary said slyly.

"Ugh, please, you're not really my boyfriend," Leaf rolled her eyes. 

"Not really my boyfriend, what the heck is that supposed to mean?" Gary asked.

"I'm not dating you," Leaf sighed.

"M'lady! You wound me so!" Gary sobbed dramatically.

"Would you just shut up for 10 seconds and read this note!?" Leaf snapped, shoving the paper in his face. Gary stopped his pretend hissy fit.

Dear Leaf and Gary, 

I know you two will both be pissed, but I'm going without you. It's just too dangerous, you don't understand what is at stake here. You guys are my friends, I want to be able to protect all of you, if the enemy were to get their hands on you, I don't know what they would do. To me it's safer that way. May needs me right now, and I can't guarantee your safety. This is just something I have to deal with, that I have always had to deal with, and hopefully, hopefully, this will be the last time I have to. Please don't come after me,

You're friend,

Drew

Gary stared down at the letter in shock.

"That stupid plant head! I can't believe he would just ditch us like that!" Gary said as he pounded his hand on the counter. 

"Gary, it's okay, we'll find a way to help out, some way. . . But he can't leave us behind and not expect consequences," Leaf pouted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"You deserve to rest," Drew said as he returned Flygon. Somehow, he had made it to the eastern most part of Hoenn in around five hours of flying. Drew handed over his Flygon to Nurse Joy who said his Pokemon would be in tip top shape the next day. 

The next day, Drew had a ferry to catch, one that would take him to the Unova region. The boat trip would last 3 days, he just hoped it wasn't too much time. May was all he thought about on his flight there, how could he help her break free, what was happening to her while he was so far away, did she know who she was? So many questions that plagued his mind making it hard to sleep that night.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

May squinted at the sunlight that made its way through the spaces between the wooden floors of the ship. From the interior of the ship, she could tell that it was a very old and non modern style boat that many hardcore fishermen used. She could hear the sound of the wood wheezing under boots as her captor made their way over to her. May stifled a gasp. Her captor walked over towards her and pulled off her gag.

"You? But! B-But! Why?" Her captor looked ashamed at her.

"I'm really sorry! I really didn't want to do this, but it's the only way I can be free, and I'm a horrible person for finding you to give me freedom," He said, ashamed. 

"What do you mean?" May asked.

"I've been working as my father's slave for my whole life after a fake death situation, he said that if I found you then bring you to him, and he achieved his plan, I would be free. I'm so sorry," He sighed.

"It's okay N, you just want to be free to make your own decisions," May said sadly.

"I think, that if we would have met in different circumstances, we could have been friends, but it seems that we will have to oppose each other," N frowned.

"Yeah, maybe," May trailed off. "Hey, do you know why your father is after me?" 

"He didn't say, I'm as in the dark as you are, besides, even if I knew anything, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you," N confessed. 

"That's okay, it probably has to do with the fact I'm an incarnation of this girl named April Haruka. I don't really get what is so special about being this incarnation, I'm just a normal person, reincarnated so that I could be with the one that I love," May thought aloud.

"That could very well be it, like I said, I have no idea why my father wants you," N said.

"Do you know when we will reach wherever you are taking me?" May asked.

"My best guess would probably have to be a day in a half, closer to two," N guessed.

"Thanks I guess," May mummbeled.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"So N has captured the girl, perfect, hopefully I will be able to access her special gift to achieve my goal," Ghetsis smirked, once again, petting his toxicroak. His hydreigan and cofigrigus stood on either side of him to protect him in case of any danger. 

"You!" Ghetsis snapped, pointing at a Zinzolin. 

"Yes Master Ghetsis?" Zinzolin asked.

"Prepare her cell, I will begin operations for the machines. I will get my wife back, and we will rule the past, and take over using our advancements. And it will also be quite fun destroying Arceus's and Dialga's chosens on the side," Ghetsis ordered. Zinzolin got to work immediately. Ghetsis stride slowly to a machine. A tank much like Geovanni's that was used to hold Mewtwo. But he had a better use for it. It would help him create a portal to the past, using the girl as a sacrifice.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-*A/N*-

Wow, I'm sorry, this is so bad, I wrote this in three days trying to get it out, I hope it's not too bad, anyway! I hope you liked this chapter and stay tuned for the next!

Krissy 

Words: 1156