Chapter 1c- A King's Life

Author’s Announcement: Any unfamiliar words are not misspelled they are words that I have made up to use in place of other words or I just threw it in there for the fun of it.  If you have any questions about what they mean feel free to ask me on my page- Ramzly93

The bare trees, the white sky, the snow falling on my cheeks, this is what I need – people are a bunch of idiots.  I had to get out of that stuffy court room before I exploded and killed all the courtiers.  Nature was the one true place where I could be happy.  Any other time there was even one human around, it would immediately bring down my day.  In fact, I pretty much had to threaten the guards just to be able to come out here by myself.

I hope I see a wolf, I think to myself as I walk through the snow.  Wolves are my favorite animal; I often wish I was wolf.  That’s probably how those rumors about me being a wolf got started, but I don’t really care. People are all just a bunch of stupid idiots anyway who couldn’t go a day without someone to tell them what they should do every single step of every single day.

I’m still in the middle of my ranting when I think I hear a yelp.  Curiously, I start to move towards the sound.  I take a few steps and hear the sound again, only louder this time.  I take a few more steps and then start to look around.  At first I don’t see a thing, but then I see it, a few feet away from me sits a beautiful white wolf whose fur was perfect except for the arrow sticking out of her shoulder.

I start to slowly approach the injured wolf.  She looks up at me and then starts to growl, “It’s okay, I just want to help you okay.” I whispered to her.

She whined and tried to point to the arrow with her head.  “I see the arrow girl don’t worry, I’m going to take it out and then take you to get that shoulder treated.” I move closer to her, only for her to snap at me this time, surprising me. I’d thought she was finally out of it enough to approach. Slowly, I step over to her for a third try and find that she is too weak to even lift her head anymore, I bend down, not entirely sure of what I’m doing, I place a calming hand and try to make calm encouragements in the hope that she wouldn’t gain some hidden surge of strength and turn around to bite me when I try to take the arrow out without tearing to much of the muscle.  I start to work on the arrow as she seems to lose all consciousness, probably a good thing.  After a few minutes of light pulls and teases, the arrow comes out and I carefully pick her up after wrapping her in my winter’s cloak, trying to stop some of the blood that had started up again upon the removal of the arrow.

When I get back to the castle I take her to see the royal veterinarian.  He spreads some medicine on the wound and then wraps a bandage around it.  I ignore whatever it is the man is saying as I pick the wolf back up and take her to a bedchamber next to my room.

Now that I know the wolf is taken care of, I turn around to my idiotic court with my eyes burning with rage, “YOU IDIOTS, I come back with a wounded wolf and all you do is sit there? I want all hunting banned until we can find the culprit who shot such a majestic and beautiful creature.”  I stomped to the nearest member of my court and slapped them as hard as I could across the face – this wasn’t hard to accomplish considering they were still standing around like idiots.  “WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, come on people, I want you out of here and working on this before the hour’s over!”

I stomped down the hall and to my throne and tell the guards to let the town’s people in – they may not be much better but it was something different form the stupid worries of my court.

“Sir,” was the start of what I was sure was going to be a very tedious day, “my plants are drying up and-”

“Well water them then, next.”

“Your highness, hunters have invaded my land and”

“As long as they aren’t hurting any wolves I don’t care, next.”  That’s when the doors were dramatically pushed open and in entered a local hunter.

“Your Highness, yer blasted wolves are eating all of my family’s chickens.” The man yelled.

Wait a second maybe he is the one who shot my wolf – then I remember that I have yet to answer him so I reply with, “Put up a fence.” I dismiss the man but he stays there and tries to stare me down.

“I already have a bloomin’ fence up and now that you have forbidden hunting for lord knows how long them chickens are the only thing my family has left for now.”

I was about to summon the guards, but this last comment stopped me.  I turned to the man and asked calmly, “What is your name good sir?”

The man, who is probably about 200 pounds of muscle, started to get nervous now, “It’s Joner, Sir.”

“And how, Mr. Joner,” I started just as calmly, “is it that you know of my hunting restriction when I know for a fact my ripplen of a court has even yet to write the statement?”

The man started to stutter with “uhs” and “ums” to come back with an answer to my question.  When he finally answers he says, “I appreciate the advice, my Lord, and will get started on the new fence immediately.”  I then watched him suspiciously turn around and quickly walk out, arms stiff and by his sides.

I motioned for the guards to show the remaining people out.  When the door closed, I saw a few members of my court standing next to my chair.  One of them cleared their throat; I only just notice it was the same one I had slapped earlier.  “Sir, we do not like how you have been treating us – and as such we are over-throwing your rule as king.”

“FINALLY, one of you nimrods show some back bone.” I exclaim, finally satisfied with something they were doing.

“Does that mean you will step down?” The courts man asks confused.

“Of course not, guards throw them in the dungeons and any supporters they have with them.”

The guards escorted the men out and I was finally left to silence.  How I long for silence at my most stressful times, there is no stupidity radiating from the pointless babble of idiotic court men or towns people.  I can ponder about the things that are currently complicating my . . . great the door just opened.

“WHAT IS IT!?” I glare at the door.

The door was pushed open and out came Steven the court jester.  A rather good looking young man to be a jester with his long black hair and unusual purple eyes.  He came and applied for the position though and he does get me to laugh when I need it most. “Oh thank goodness it’s only you, I’m glad you’re here Steven I could use some cheering up.” I told him as he started to do a new routine for me.  As I laugh at Steven’s mistakes and applaud his triumphs I start to calm down.  I call a guard over and try and tell him to stop my stupid courts men from writing the no hunting law and then settle in for some entertainment.