Chapter 32

Pride wounded, jaw broken and face severely bruised, Alex retreated to his small flat to nurse his wounds

Pride wounded, jaw broken and face severely bruised, Alex retreated to his small flat to nurse his wounds. He looked in the mirror and wanted to scream. He had already set his jaw, but the point of impact was swollen and nearly black. Luckily, all his teeth were still in place. It hurt like hell when they grew back. He'd have to let his own energy and what was left after his fight with Avriel heal him. He would not be able to woo anyone looking like that. He undressed and turned on the shower.

"I always did find you far more attractive when you didn't have your clothes on." A smooth rich voice said as it closed the bathroom door. Alex tensed and prepared to defend himself. "Don't waste another drop of your precious energy." The voice purred. "I have extra. I'll share." A pouty-lipped tall blond started walking towards Alex. A slow and sultry smile splayed across his face. "Though I shouldn't help you at all. You crossed the line, just like the idiot that you are. Shhh." He placed his fingers gently over Alex's broken lips. "You can't say you weren't warned, twice." His blue eyes flashed hot as he roughly kissed Alex's broken mouth. "Let's fix you, starting with my favorite money maker." He gently smacked Alex. The pain was exquisite the result even better. The tall blond man looked down at his favorite toy. "Ah! There it is. Later, I promise." He stepped to Alex and wrapped strong arms around his waist. "Right now, I have something special, I've been saving just for you and your hungry self." He slipped his hand up his back then raked his fingernails down it. The smell of blood filled the air. The blond pulled Alex closer and attached himself to his lips.

Alex felt the energy start to flow the moment their saliva mixed. Nothing he had ever experienced ever felt as good as that raw power entering his body. He could seduce a million men and women, drain each dry and it would not ever be able to come close to the ecstasy he felt when Scott kissed him.

Once his jaw was healed and the scratches on his back were gone Scott withdrew from Alex and looked at him. "Now that is more like it." He smiled and skipped away when Alex reached for him. "I didn't come here for that. You are healed. You picked a fight with someone more powerful than you are. Someone you know nothing about. I came to warn you one last time Alexander. Stay away from Ariel. She belongs to Avriel. UH!" He held up a finger, he would not be interrupted. "He will kill you. Don't think that if you come at her or him that he will ever show you mercy again."

Alex grabbed a towel and wrapped it securely around his waist. His anger flared hot as he lashed out with his next words.

"That was not mercy?!"

"He didn't kill you," Scott said dryly. "Yes, Alexander, it was. Lex, you just don't understand. Avriel is a reluctant killer, but he is a killer. He will defend himself and what is his, she is his. He is a Killer, one who would be well within his rights to kill you. You tried to seduce her and in public. That is expressly forbidden. Leave them alone. If you can't do that. Leave." Scott turned his back to reach for the door handle. Alex slammed into his back and forced him into the door.

"How dare you come here, to my home. Enter without my permission, force yourself on me and then speak to me like that. How dare you!" He spoke through gritted teeth.

Scott didn't feel in the least bit threatened by the larger man. He knew his limits and he knew his own. Perhaps he'd just do Avriel a favor. He owed him one or two anyhow. He easily broke Alex's hold on him and let his anger take him. "You invited me, remember? How dare I? How dare I? You pompous jackass. I came here to help you mend and this is the repayment I get. Are you going to force yourself on me? I'm full. I am not interested tonight. Fuck yourself. I'm leaving." With that Scott shrugged Alex off his back opened the door and left slamming the front door as he went.

Alex stood looking in the mirror clenching his teeth. How could Scott, Scott of all people, do that to him? He did help him heal. He gave him the energy that he needed to erase the signs of abuse that he had received at Avriel's hand. All over a girl, a human girl at that. He scoffed, replaying Scott's warning in his head. All that trouble over a stupid girl. She wasn't even that pretty. Who the fuck was he kidding, she was beautiful. He heard the front door open and the gentle sound of someone's weight being spread out over the couch cushions. Maybe there would be some fun in the night, after all. Scott must have returned. He was quite irresistible.

He left his towel wrapped around his waist leaving his smooth perfectly sculpted chest and abs exposed, turned off the bathroom light and prepared to forgive Scott and accept his apology. The living room was dark when he entered it. Scott sat waiting for him.

"I knew you'd be back. You never could resist a good time. I for--." Alex stopped dead in his tracks as he came face to face with an anger that burned his throat dry. "What are you doing here? Oh God no!" The assault began instantaneously. Alex tried to scream and run, but the body across from his was inconceivably fast and very strong. He felt so weak and afraid. Strong hands gripped his wrists and forced them behind his back. Pain seared through him as his shoulders protested the strain and abuse. His mind was being ripped apart and it felt like his body would be too. Cold lips slammed hard against his. He could taste his own blood. He instantly felt the energy Scott had given him leave his body through that forced connection. He weakened quickly as his life force was pulled from his body. He found nothing but darkness waiting for him as his eyes closed and his body slumped to the floor.