Chapter 2

Naruto POV

I followed along the trail I was assigned to with Gaara. I was still a little confused. If Gaara didn’t cast a jutsu on me then what is going on with me? I had asked Sakura about it, but she just looked at me like I was an idiot. But that’s alright, because I managed to talk to Kakashi before we left. I asked him about what I was feeling and explained everything that had happened between the two of us to him. Although I had left out the part where Gaara had crushed my hand. It was mostly healed anyways. He looked at me in surprise, before he coughed.

“Naruto,” he had said to me seriously. “May I suggest something that may sound crazy?”

“Sure.” I replied not sure what he meant but curious as to what it was.

“I believe that you may in fact be in love with Gaara.” Kakashi said simply.

My eyes boggled. With that said, Kakashi turned to leave, but before he did he had handed me a book. It looked similar to the Icha Icha Paradise books that Pervy Sage is always writing, only on the front it showed two boys.

“Here, I was going to give this to Iruka to tease him, but I think you will make better use of it.” He said before he took off and left me with Gaara.

So here I am walking next to the boy whom I may or may not be in love with, who crushed my hand regardless of how I feel. Ugh.

We continued walking until sunset. Just then Gaara stopped and turned to me. What in the hell? Is he going to try to crush my hand again?

“Naruto.” He said. “I wish to apologize to you for crushing your hand. I thought that I had needed to but now I see that it was not the case.”

I stared at him with my mouth hanging open slightly as I went over what he said in my head.

“Wait. What do you mean you thought you needed to?!?!” I asked loudly.

Just then it started to rain, I yelped and we started walking again, well it was more of a run actually. We stopped again as soon as we reached a cave that we could use for shelter. We went in the cave and I started a fire and took off some of my clothes and laid them by the fire. I hesitated for a moment though when I remember that Gaara was right in front of me. I shook it off though since we are both guys. It was silent, then Gaara had taken off his shirt and mesh leaving only his pants on. He didn’t look very happy, then again all of the sand he was wearing as armour got soaked and so he might feel a bit exposed. But his gourd was filled with dry sand which he quickly used to form a very thin layer on his skin. I took out the Icha Icha book that Kakashi gave me and skimmed through the first chapter before I closed it and stood up.

“Gaara, you never answered my question as to why you thought you needed to crush my hand.” I said to him. It was more of a question really. He looks up at me.

“I thought I wanted to kill you but I realized that I was wrong.” Gaara said. Oh so he thought he wanted to kill me just great.

“Why in the hell did you think that?” I demanded.

“I thought I needed to kill you because…” Gaara paused for a moment, “whenever I am near you my heart quickens, I can't stop thinking about you, you stir up feelings which only ever happened when I am about to kill someone strong. However when I started to hurt you, your scream echoed in my heart and it hurt. It was then I realized something.” Gaara said softly but passionately. He stood up, walked over to me and looked me straight in the eyes and said, “I am in love with you Naruto.”

I had gasped in shock. One because that was the most I think I have ever heard from the silent red head. And two because he just said he was in love with me.

“Do you…. love me too? Can you love me?” He asked.

My eyes widened as I stared deep into his sea green eyes, which gazed back at me. Fear filled his eyes, almost consuming me as I felt myself staring into them, but the sliver of hope in his eyes saved me. That tiny little spark of hope that lingered in them. He was beautiful. Without any hesitation, I wrapped my arms around Gaara’s neck and pulled him close, brushing my lips against his softly.

“Yes Gaara. I am an idiot, but I love you.” I said softly, not letting go of him. A tiny chuckle echoed in my head.

“Figures that you'd fall for the weak raccoon boy.” I heard Kurama snort. I was just about to yell at him to shut up when he said, “But good job kit. You could have picked worse.” Then Kurama drifted off to sleep again. Damn that fox was so annoying. Could have picked worse! Damn him! I'll pick who I want!

With that in mind, I kissed Gaara again, this time with more energy. I must have taken him by surprise, though, because he fell back on his back and I ended up on top of him, not that I minded much but still. I didn't break the kiss though and I'm proud of that.

Gaara’s POV

I was in the middle of telling Shukaku that Naruto and I are in love and trying to get him to promise that he would help me protect Naruto, when Naruto kissed me again. This time with more energy. I fell backwards in surprise. I will give him this though, he didn’t break the kiss. I felt his fingers intertwine themselves into my hair and his other hand rested on my stomach and stayed there. I closed my eyes to let myself just feel it instead of just seeing. Then Naruto broke the kiss abruptly. I opened my eyes to see him frowning.

“Gaara. I understand that you are cautious, but can you take the sand armour off you face at least? I keep getting sand in my mouth.” Naruto asked.

I blushed slightly under the mask of sand, but did as he asked. He smiled before he started kissing me again and I welcomed his warmth. I felt his tongue slip against my mouth, and I remembered from somewhere that this was a sign for more, so I opened my mouth. His tongue slipped right in, licking every part of my untouched mouth. Well, once untouched mouth. He leaned back, licking away a touch of saliva that had tried to break its way out of my mouth. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down to the floor where we laid, holding each other's hands, staring into each other’s eyes until we fell asleep. I felt a touch giddy when a thought crossed my mind. Naruto was my first kiss.

***********
~_~