25 - Vampire

Vampire Mates
25: Vampire

Her golden eyes stared at me, her ball pen clicking into place, and I could see her veins bulging through her pale forehead. Her hair was tied up into a tight bun, with not even one strand of hair left untied. Under normal conditions, I would be horrified by her.

“Why did you do this?” The woman inquired, her voice, venomous, scary, and made intimidating to perfection yet it did nothing to terrify me. Ever since he said that one, simple sentence to me, even the scariest movie doesn’t seem so blood-chilling anymore.

His simple words have somehow made me not only lose all of my self-esteem, but as well as all my emotions. It’s like someone had just flicked my emotion panel off, took them and stole them all away.

“Because I’m jealous of her,” I deadpanned. They’ve been sending different agents and investigators in here, asking me pretty much the same thing: why did you do that? I was starting to think that they were making this a competition: who can make Rosemarie Smith talk in sentences and not fragments first is the winner!

The woman narrowed her eyes at me, leaning forward. Her cup of coffee (or blood) was left untouched at the side the table. Her face was sullen, grim, her pale lips coated in gloss pursed, her eyes deadly, her slim fingers placed on the mahogany table, tapping every once and then. Her chin was lifted up slightly, and her back was straight. I would’ve been scared shitless, but then again, how could I when my emotions aren’t there anymore?

“If you haven’t noticed, lying to the Supernatural Royal Supreme Court, the SRSC, is punishable by death.” She said to me, her tone dangerous.

I remained silent in my seat, unmoving, showing no response to her threat. I stared into her golden orbs. She held her gaze before looking down at her papers and shuffled through them. I held in a smirk as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat, obviously annoyed at how well I was taking this.

Her flickered to a page and began reciting, “Any harm inflicted purposefully to the royal family, blood related or not, is to also punishable by death. The original way of death for vampires or any other supernatural creatures is to have their heads cut off, as that is the most efficient way.” she paused, sparing me a quick glance, but I didn’t even flinch at the sadistic and sinister idea, “but since you are human…” she skimmed the paper. “We will have to pass a new law.”

“I’m not human,” I interjected. “I’m a Xlinx. Ever heard of it?”

The woman’s head snapped up to meet mine. “Yes, I’m aware of it, but, no,” She said, but her eyes flashed with uncertainty. “The Prince informed me that you’re human.”

“Fine,” I said, cocking my eyebrows, “Whatever helps you sleep at night.” She coughed and looked back down at her paper, she closed her eyes for a few seconds, and I immediately deemed the action as telecommunication. She was contacting the king, just like the previous few.

After a minute or so, she opened her eyes, her face emotionless.

“Your act against Princess Lily is to be punished by death,” The woman stated after going through her files. “You will be hung to death 3 days after, and visitors are allowed. Not that any visitors will be coming.”

I bit my lip as his words rang in my head: I’ll never love you; not me, not anyone.

His voice echoed through my head, I held back my tears. I looked away as the woman continued to talk about my death sentence.

I didn’t care. My life wasn’t worth anything anymore.

----

It was obvious that I never been in jail before. Well, up until 5 days ago, where he threw me in here, and made sure there were two guards situated outside of the cell. Food wasn’t allowed. Neither was water. And I’m pretty sure I smell like shit.