Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The glowing evening sun set against a bright pink and red sky. The chill of the ocean had long since set into my arms and legs, and it was only the kicking that kept me awake. Fatigued and desperately cold the tide bore us ashore, the sand and solid ground a welcome feeling after rolling in the deep.

I cursed, dragging Elena's limp body ashore, peeling off her saturated clothes and then my own, lucid enough to burrow into the sand and lay beside her, at least until I was warm enough to feel my body again.

I lay against her, exhausted, our bodies fit together as they had almost every night before I left Tarsus, unaware that Elena was hidden in my hold. Bak then, although it was not so long ago, I had touched her. I had traced rough fingers against smoothe skin, feeling the rises on her hips and breasts and lovely shoulders, her breaths coming quickly against my body. She had let a tiny gasp escape between her wondrous lips, the sound igniting our passions even further, encouraging me to touch her deeper, my lips on her neck, her shoulder, her waist, until I flipped her over and eased her perfect thighs apart as she watched me through hooded lids.

But now, I could hardly move let alone flip her over beneath the sand, and together in quiescent silence we lay.

When I was lucid enough to move I crawled from our bed, checking to make sure Elena was alright before staggering along the beach in search of dried grass and driftwood, anything with which I could make a fire and carry behind me with one good arm.

Elena was awake when I returned, and beside herself with cold, clutching her body as her teeth chattered. I'd been able to drag palm branches and driftwood down the beach behind me, quickly erecting a structure to block the sea borne air and then tendering a fire into existence.

"Will you hold this stick, darling?" I turned to ask her, knitting my eyebrows together in sincerity. She looked at the broken branch and then at me and sighed, nodding. I quickly untied the leather string that held up my pants and tied it around a bent branch, making a bow. "Let it just slide through your hands," I told her, wishing I had enough energy to grin at the possible double entendre.

But neither of us met eyes, and after a long while a spark was turned to a flame, and a flame to a fire. I held out a few tree branches and offered to cover us with them, if she let me sit beside her. She agreed shakily.

"You're not hurt are you?" I asked, looking her over as I settled down beside her. "You passed out before we could make it to the shore."

"I'm fine," she nodded, looking down to the orange flames. "We aren't going to survive the night," she confessed her greatest fear. I shook my head.

"We will if we stay this close," I told her, wrapping my arms around her freezing body. "I know that you hate me, but at least I can save your life this last time."

"I don't hate you, Remy," she turned to look me in the eyes. Despite even the cold her eyes shone, frosty in the firelight that illuminated our naked bodies. "I want to," she admitted with a catch of her breath, "But I can't."

"I understand, darling," I responded, finally able to look away. There was nothing I could do to make her forgive me. The night was definitely going to get awkward.

When I felt her arms snake around my waist I turned to look at her again. "What will we do now that you've lost your ship?"

"We?" I echoed with half a smile. I didn't want her to know that I was pleased she was with me. "Are we a team now?"

She looked at me with pursed lips as if finally making up her mind. "I very well can't go back. I'll hang for consorting with pirates."

"You're father would never let you hang," I retorted with a sneer. As endearing as her paternal need was when we had first met, it quickly grew annoying.

"My father wont have a choice," Elena responded, pulling away from me sharply. She always grew upset when I teased her. "Do you want me or not?"

"I always want you, darling," I grinned, this time my own arms snaking around her waist, pulling her into a kiss hotter then the fire across form us. She allowed me to taste her, tentatively at first and then full force, the strength of our need for each other too much to ignore.

We were already naked but still she clawed at my skin where my clothes would be, pressing her fingertips into my back, and down slowly until she was squeezing my behind in her soft hands with half a grin. I broke our kissing to pull away and look at her quizzically.

"What?" She stopped, "Am I not allowed to like that part of you?"

"Sure you are," I smiled, "I like yours, too."

Elena kissed me all the more after that, this time running her fingers over my stomach, marveling at the hardness, and then my breasts, squeezing and kneading and driving me altogether insane.

"You are so rough," she murmured, not for the first time. "I want you..."

Gently then I pushed until we were laying on the sand. She looked into my eyes and I met her sparkling green orbs with my own, wishing that I wasn't so hopelessly addicted to her body and her mind.

She rolled us and ended up perched atop my hips, already grinding her sex again mine, her luscious breasts hanging down in perfect view. Her lips were parted as she moved, and she ran her hands through her glowing hair, moaning softly. I was completely mesmerized.

"Do that thing you did, with your hands?" Elena asked me when it seemed we would explode from contact.

"It's called fucking you," I leaned up to whisper to her. She never talked dirty. "You want me to fuck you?"

At that she nodded, and I dipped a finger between her legs slowly, pressing the tip of her clit, watching her reaction. A shudder ran through her and she leaned forward onto my chest kissing up between my breasts to suck on a tender spot only she knew I had on my neck. I stroked her all the more, easing fingers inside of her much to her delight.

"You're so lovely, darling," I said in almost a whisper, caressing the side of her face with my free hand. She grabbed my hand and kissed it, her eyes closed as she rode out the best of her orgasm on my fingers.

"I've never had a lover quite like you," she said to me, lying on my chest again, her breaths hard and fast. She shuddered with an aftershock.

I lifted my head to look at her curiously, my fingers twisted in her golden curls. "Have you never been with another woman?"

She smiled, almost sadly, and shook her head. "No, I have, but you..." she trailed off, tracing circles on my naked chest. "You're not a woman."

That was news to me. "What am I then, darling?" I asked her, quite amused.

"You're something different, entirely," she answered thoughtfully. "You're horrible and ruthless, and yet so soft and careful. You're opposites constantly attracting, Remy."

I wasn't sure whether to take that as a compliment or otherwise, and didn't respond. Soon, her breathing came even and before long she was asleep, warm and satisfied against my body. The fire and the falling tide lulled me slowly into my own land of dreams.