Last Day of School

I walked inside my last class and took my seat beside Greg.

"Alright little birds find your nest man." Mr. Anderson, "Ok I know we usually don't have new students this late into the term but we do and his name is Braden Higgins."

He pointed to a huge guy standing in the front of the classroom, and when I say huge I mean HUGE. Wait Braden isn't that the name of my- oh my god it is! I see the family resemblance, he looks a lot like my Dad! I stared at him with my eyes wide and my mouth open. From the corner of my eye I saw Greg and Andre looking at me.

"There's an empty desk over there why don't you pop a squat?" Mr. Anderson asked. He looked over at me and started to walk over to the seat behind me.

"Or go that way man, take your own path."

He got to the seat behind me and the guy held up his wallet.

"No I sit here." Braden said. The guy nodded his head, picked up his things, and moved. Braden sat down and Greg asked him, "Is your dad Marcus Higgins?"

"Yeah I've known him since I was a baby, he's the funniest." Andre added.

"Yeah the best. Great Great man" Greg continued.

"I wanna smash his face." Braden told them.

"Yeah me too." Andre changed his mind.

"I hate that guy!" Greg changed his mind as well.

"Screw him." Andre finished. I giggled and said, "What am I going to do with you guys?"

I turned around to face Braden and said, "I'm Bree your um- sister I guess." He stood up and hugged me. I gasped and he set me down. I sat back down and Mr. Anderson continued class.

-----

"And now we've reached the end of another great year. Ten months of learning. growing and hopefully fun. But the journey we began together in September does not end today. Education is a process that does not end-" Our Principle was saying announcement but got interrupted by the school bell. Everyone jumped up and cheered. I walked with Nancy to clear out my locker.

"So Nance I have a question. You know Andre McKenzie?" I asked her.

"Yeah why?"

"I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go to the Feder's party with him tonight." I said.

"You can get me a date with Andre McKenzie?" She asked shock.

"Yeah why- wait do you like him?" Her eyes widened and she looked away blushing, "Oh my god you do!"

"Ok I do but why'd you ask?"

"Well I happen to know that he likes you too."

"Really?" "Yep."

"Ok well tell him I will meet him there." "Kk cya later."

I walked out of the school and saw Greg and Andre walking away with Braden, "Guys wait!" They turned around.

"I thought you already left." Greg said.

"I was cleaning out my locker, but anyway I talked to Nancy and guess who's going to the party with her tonight!?"

"You got me a date with Nancy Arbuckle?" Andre asked smiling like a fool.

"Well duh!" Andre picked me up and spun me around while I laughed. He set me down and I turned to face Greg.

"I got to go to your mom's work but I will see you tonight k." I told him.

"Ok but I'm going to be a little late tonight because of my shift and the Ice Cream House." He replied.

I nodded and kissed him passionately. I pulled away, said 'bye' to Andre and Braden, and I started walking to the Hermosa Boutique.