Chapter Four

Lance woke up with a groan and sunlight shining through the building. Ophelia was nowhere in sight, Lance cursed himself for letting her go and forgetting the bracelet. While Ophelia had walked to work about a half hour before Lance woke up, she looked like a girl doing the walk of shame the next morning. She had rushed into a bagel shop to see that she did not look too bad, she could work with it. Ophelia tied her hair into a tight ballerina bun with no hairs out of place. She got the mascara from under her eyes and grabbed her red lipstick from her jacket pocket; she put it on and blotted it. Ophelia smiled at her appearance, it did not look as half as bad as she thought.

Lance was furious, first Ophelia did not put out and now she has the most expensive bracelet. Some king had given it to a queen from ages ago. Lance would be damned if he ever gifted something that precious to a girl. Yes he gave it to Ophelia, but he needed to hide it. Lance grabbed his phone tightly, calling Axel. "Yo Boss, you coming back now," Axel's voice came over the speaker.

"She has the bracelet. I need you guys to look into Vanderwood, look into Ophelia's files, give me her phone number, track her phone. Send me pictures from her security system of her outfit, to see if she has the purse. I will be there in 30 minutes," Lance said, his voice was harsh as he gave out orders. He hung up the phone, he left everything up there. Maddox would come and clean it up, Maddox was in the lobby as he tossed Lance the keys.

Ophelia walked into her office feeling horrible, she knew she had a backup makeup kit, a toothbrush and toothpaste. Ophelia was not crazy, keep that in mind, she had slept in her office too many times to count. "Miss Vanderwood," Ophelia's receptionist came through the glass doors.

"Yes," Ophelia asked as she took off her coat and purse. Ophelia's receptionist was 22 and eager to please Ophelia with her work.

"Oh my God, is that Vera Wang? Oh, I am so sorry. The cops came by and I told them that you would be in momentarily and sent them to the conference room." Ophelia's mind went in circles, they were here about the shooting at the club. That was all she thought, for a moment she forgot that Lance was a gang leader.

"Thank you so much." The receptionist left the room as Ophelia got her toothbrush and toothpaste, shoving it randomly into her purse.

Ophelia walked to the bathroom to see two of her workers in there, gossiping. "Did you hear? The Queen's bracelet was stolen from the museum," one girl said as Ophelia stayed back, eavesdropping on the two girls. Ophelia had admired the bracelet ever since she was four years old, she had always wanted it for herself.

"The cops are here for Miss Vanderwood. Do you think she took it," the other girl asked. Ophelia held back a gasp, how dare she accuse her of such things in Ophelia's own building. The first girl let out a snort, unattractive.

"Please, Miss Vanderwood is the best designer in the nation right now. She is best friends with every known designer ever. Why would she steal a dead lady's bracelet?" Ophelia decided to walk in at this point. The two girls looked shocked at they scurried away. Ophelia sighed in annoyance and she looked into her purse to find her toothbrush, but she came face to face with the missing bracelet.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Boss, we found some interesting things on Ophelia while we looked into all her files," Jasper said as he sat down in the computer lab area just for him. Axel was sitting right next to him with a sour look on his face.

"Lay it on me," Lance said with a groan and plopped into the chair to the right of Jasper. Jasper sighed as he typed in Ophelia Vanderwood.

"The first thing that should pop up, is a birth certificate. There is none for an Ophelia Vanderwood. Ophelia Vanderwood was not a name that existed until she was one and a half. The next thing I did that gave off red flags was her parents, John Vanderwood and Savanna Vanderwood did not exist either until 1994, the same year Ophelia Vanderwood popped up everywhere." Lance pursed his lips together and processed all this information. What if Ophelia was a Bronze Dragon? Is she spying on him?