•short story•

------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Coats?"

"Oh! I presume you are Mr. Darwin?"

"Yes indeed, I'm your lawyer. Sorry for keeping you waiting because I've got another client to attend to. Coffee?"

"I will have tea if you don't mind."

"Ah. I do have tea. Do you like earl grey?"

"Pretty much so."

"Wow! You're in for luck madam. Look what I've found. The last packet of earl grey for a pure beauty like you."

"Luck? I've always thought that luck was always on my side. But, it was just all a lie. All a shame. Like thorns hidden beneath the petals of a rose."

"Well, I'm so sorry. Here is your tea madam, drink it while is hot."

"Thank you kind sir.", she took a sip of the tea and breathed in the aroma of the sweetening that healed her bleeding nose. She placed it down on a small wooden table in front of her, and interlocked her blue streaming eyes with her lawyer's.

"In order to file the divorce, we must have some background information to clarify your stand."

"I understand."

"Take your time. Even if it does hurt a little, don't fret about it. Is time for you to let go of such troubles and let the law decide the fate of your unlawful husband."

"He was perfect, like the ones you watch on Netflix. Like the ones you see in beauty and the beast. But, all of these luck that I thought that I have was all just a lie. It was the lie that was too good to be true. It was the lie that was set upon to tear the love and create hate around him. Sir, do you believe that whatever energy that you put into this world will come back to you three times fold?"

"Will you be more specific?", she giggled weakly and rubbed her rubbery hands together.

"What if I told you that all these happened because of a rose?"

---

1 year ago

(Knock on the door)

"Who is that?"

"Your Mr. Romantique."

"I think you've knocked the wrong door."