Chapter 2 (:

Chapter 2: Project Partners

            I giggled as Rachel pointed to an apple that looked like a butt. Flipping my hair behind my shoulders, holding a tray, I grabbed it and set it on her tray.

            “Oh, yum.” She rolled her eyes sarcastically.

            “Please, Rachel. We all know you like the butthole.” Jason wagged his dark brown eyebrows behind us. Jason stood about five foot three, with brown hair, glasses, and the body build of an oompa loompa.  He was just socially awkward all around. “Who’s your friend?”

            “That’s Sabrina…” I tried to interject my real name but she nudged my elbow, signaling me to stay quiet.

            “Sabrina, do you have a boyfriend?” Jason winked his hazel eyes, with surprisingly blonde eyelashes, not matching his hair color or his eyebrows.

            “No…” I said hesitantly. I absentmindedly chewed on my bright green nails, scanning the cafeteria. Looking toward a table, I saw girls pointing at me and whispering.

            “That’s cool,” he winked once again.

            Ignoring him, “Rachel, why are they pointing at me?”

            “Well… you did tell Trevor Webb off on your first day…” She pointed out.

            The floresant lights of the cafeteria flickered above me. If Rachel had heard, everyone else probably had too. Great. I bet it was his friend. I bet he overheard, because there is no way Travis or Trevor or what’s his face would hurt his oh so precious, high ass ego by telling people a girl told him off.

            “Who’d you hear it from?” I asked her, typing my lunch pin in, carrying a red tray in my hand.

            “It’s not like it’s a secret, the whole school has heard it by now. But I heard it from Mandy, who heard it from Angelica, who heard it from Mitchell, which is Trevor’s friend, who was supposedly there.”

            I was right, Mitchell, most likely another douchebag, had spilled it to everyone. Guys can be so full of drama sometimes. I followed Rachel to a table, we were the first ones there.

            “That’s just great, people are talking about me on my first day. Awesome.” I muttered sarcastically.

            “Don’t worry about it Ann. It will blow over, I would do the same thing if I had the guts.” Rachel reassured.

            Slowly more people made their way to the circular table, which sat eight people. Rachel had selected a table in the corner of the cafeteria, “so we could text easier”, she had said.

            “Guys, this is ShyAnn, ShyAnn, this is the guys.” Rachel introduced.

            A girl with long blonde hair, and pale skin with one green eye and one brown introduced herself, “Katelyn.” She smiled showing what appeared to be recently braces free teeth.

            A girl that looked identical to her, gave me a small smile and waved. “Jenna. Katelyn’s twin.”

            A tall lanky looking boy with clear, olive skin, brown eyes and slight freckles under his eyes piped up. “Hey, I’m Andy.”

            “And I’m Max.” said a dirty blonde, blue eyed boy.

            “Cool, well um, yeah I’m ShyAnn, but you can call me Ann.” I restated as I tugged a piece of hair behind my ear. Whipping around as someone tapped my shoulder, my eyes met those of none other than, Trevor Webb.