Chapter 23

It had been a week since Ian brought Brooke back to the city. Even though it was difficult, he took Dr. Andrews advice, "Give her time." The phrase kept tormenting him every time he wanted to show her more affection than he knew she would allow.

One morning as the couple made their way to Ian's office, they noticed the entire staff was silent. Brooke noticed Ian's agitation as they walked through. When he opened the door he cursed under his breath, "Ah shit.."

There stood Noel Greene and Dedra. She smirked as Brooke grasped Ian's hand to comfort him.

Ian gently squeezed it back, "What do you want?"

Noel's eyes searched over Brooke's perfection, "Hmmm.. How about the little frightened beauty next to you?"

Ian took a step towards him, but Brooke pulled him closer to her, "Don't."

Dedra was fuming, "Shut up Noel! Ian, we are here to make a bargain. I want to sell my shares that you sold to me at a steal, but for triple the price."

Ian glared at the witch, "Fine. Did you bring them?"

She gave a low chuckle, "Of course."

Noel leaned his head as he bit his lip as he spoke to Brooke, "Why don't you come sit on my lap, let the adults do business?"

Ian roared as he grabbed him by the collar, "Ill throw you out of the window, so help me God; if you dare touch her."

Noel chuckled as he pried Ian's hand away, "Sure.. Sure.."

Ian lead Brooke behind him as he buzzed his office lawyer, "Stock purchase. Oh yes, do bring Miss Dedra Evans her gift also."

Brooke looked down as Dedra smirked at his last words. Noel cut his eyes to Ian as he noticed him smiling from a private joke.

As Dedra filled out the paper, she stopped as Ian told her to write, "Brooke Donovan" in the beneficiaries name. Both women snapped their faces to him, "What?!"

Ian crossed his arms, "You heard me."

Dedra growled as she wrote it in. As her and Noel was about to leave, Dedra strutted over to Ian and held out her hand. Brooke bit her lip as he smiled and gave her the box. Dedra sighed with delight as she unwrapped it.

Her smile quickly melted as she pulled a small bicycle bell from the box, "What the hell is this?"

Ian couldn't contain his laugh as it pushed out, "For you to wear, so the village can ring it next time."

Dedra heaved as she tried to bash the bell against Ian's forehead, but Brooke stepped in her path and took the blow. Dedra gasped at what she had done.

Brooke eased her fingertip to the cut and looked at the blood that Dedra had caused. Ian growled as he was about to tear into her, but Brooke beat him to it. He stood in shock as Brooke lunged and knocked a frightened Dedra to the floor.

Dedra squealed as Brooke straddled her and back handed her, making her nose bleed. She then grabbed a handful of her hair as Dedra did the same.

Ian cut his cold eyes to Noel as he loosened his tie in amusement, "This is hot.." His smiled disappeared as Ian stomped to him, his eyes widened right before Ian sent his fist flying into his left eye.

The whole office was standing quietly outside the office door as they heard the commotion. One of the assistants stared at the door, "I love working here."

When Dedra and Noel was escorted out by security, the whole office staff cheered as they scowled at their torn clothes and bloody faces.

Ian and Brooke both sat slumped in opposite office chairs as they held ice packs over their wounds. When their eyes met, they both started to laugh at the same time at their appearance.